“Clean room, but lacks customer service”
Review of Quality Inn Alcoa

Quality Inn Alcoa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed one night at Quality Inn Alcoa, TN. The motel is very clean and comfortable. It is located in a quiet area close to restaurants and walking trails.

We were so impressed with our night stay that we were going to extend our stay by two nights.

However, we were told by the Manager, in a rude and unfriendly tone, that they were completely booked except for smoking rooms.

Since it is in the Choice Hotels chain, I would have assumed that she could have exhibited some customer service by helping us book at the same rate at one of the other Choice Hotels close by. Perhaps, Marriott is the only one that does this?

Also, with all the proven research on second and third hand smoke, why are there still smoking rooms in hotels?

We will stay here again, as we love the area and location of the motel. But some customer service training would benefit the staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Saramdockins
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for any rudeness you received from the desk staff during your stay. People don't realize how their voices, manners and behaviors can come across to someone. I will be working with all of the staff to remind them that the way they talk, act, and behave towards someone has a great impact even when they don't realize it. I would like to thank you for letting me know about this issue.

I hope you stay with us again in the future and that next time you see a difference in our customer service.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed two days a couple of weeks ago. Very clean hotel and room. Great bed, bathroom was clean and of a decent size. Not really a negative, but a suggestion. I'm a guy so I will try to describe this: The drapes were only one level, (some drapes have two levels, which are better able to block out light) this caused gaps that we couldn't close to block out the well lit outside. I'm not sure I described this well. But really a great hotel, employees were very friendly, check in was a breeze. Didn't get up in time for breakfast so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey regarding your recent stay. Thank you for letting me know about how friendly the employees are and how check-in was a breeze. I know that our managment company is looking into getting new curtains/drapes so I will definitely be mentioning the 2 level thing to them. Guest feedback is very important in the hotel industry and we try to use every bit of feedback we can to improve the quality of the hotel and the quality of our service.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for only one night. I had a speaking engagement at the college and decided that the hotel was perfect distance. The room was very clean, spacious and pleasant. The hotel outside and inside were great. The only issue we had was the bed. We had a king bed and it honestly was unbelievably hard. We prefer something softer. My husband said it would have been better to sleep on the floor. I couldn’t say enough good things about the room and staff, but the bed could use a better mattress.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am pleased that you found the rooms clean and spacious. I am sorry to hear that you found the beds uncomfortable though. Hopefully the next time you come through the Maryville/Alcoa area we will have a bed that better suites your needs.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I flew in to Knoxville late Wednesday evening for a family funeral and chose to stay here for the evening because of the reviews here on Trip advisor. It was convenient to the airport. Front desk experience was aery good, Quality, clean room with good heat (It was cold in east Tennessee Wednesday night ) A decent free breakfast in a clean dining area. And all this at a reasonable price. If needed, I will use this inn again.

Room Tip: I used priceline and got a great rate
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Smitty3a8,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Alcoa. I was sorry to hear that you were here for a funeral. I do hope the next time you are in the area that it will be for a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We only stayed one night while in town, the room was very nice great King bed, very clean. Would stay here again if in the area. We requested a 3rd floor room with a king bed, this request was met. Check in was very fast and easy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

flossLawrenceville,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Alcoa. I will be sharing your responses about your stay with the employees. We hope that the next time you are in the area that you think of us.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

When we stayed at this motel last year, it was Jameson Inn. No complaints on this trip either. Same great service and cleanliness! The only problem we had was we did not want to leave! LOL Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Tracey,

Thank you so much for thaking the time to complete the survey about your stay! I am so glad that you had a great experience here at the Quality Inn Alcoa! We hope you think of us again next time you are back in the area!

We hope you have a wonderful year!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

clean, comfortable rooms and bath... and a quiet atmosphere in spite of the hotel being filled to capacity due to a college football game. Breakfast was OK but then I don't search these places out for their food.

Room Tip: top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Maryfran4588, Thank you so much for your review. We do strive to make sure that all of our guests have a great time and are completely satisfied with their stay when they leave. With regards to our breakfast we are trying to revamp it to allow more variety. It might take a while to see what works and what doesn't but we hope to have an upgraded breakfast the next time you come through here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport
Luxbury Inn & Suites
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville
Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport
Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa

Been to Quality Inn Alcoa? Share your experiences!