“Great value”

Quality Inn Alcoa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had a one night stay here and I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. They made special accommodations for my motorcycle and even provided clean towels to wipe it down before leaving in the morning. Quiet location. TV picture was grainy, but that's about the only flaw I found.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed one night at Quality Inn Alcoa, TN. The motel is very clean and comfortable. It is located in a quiet area close to restaurants and walking trails.

We were so impressed with our night stay that we were going to extend our stay by two nights.

However, we were told by the Manager, in a rude and unfriendly tone, that they were completely booked except for smoking rooms.

Since it is in the Choice Hotels chain, I would have assumed that she could have exhibited some customer service by helping us book at the same rate at one of the other Choice Hotels close by. Perhaps, Marriott is the only one that does this?

Also, with all the proven research on second and third hand smoke, why are there still smoking rooms in hotels?

We will stay here again, as we love the area and location of the motel. But some customer service training would benefit the staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Saramdockins
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for any rudeness you received from the desk staff during your stay. People don't realize how their voices, manners and behaviors can come across to someone. I will be working with all of the staff to remind them that the way they talk, act, and behave towards someone has a great impact even when they don't realize it. I would like to thank you for letting me know about this issue.

I hope you stay with us again in the future and that next time you see a difference in our customer service.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed two days a couple of weeks ago. Very clean hotel and room. Great bed, bathroom was clean and of a decent size. Not really a negative, but a suggestion. I'm a guy so I will try to describe this: The drapes were only one level, (some drapes have two levels, which are better able to block out light) this caused gaps that we couldn't close to block out the well lit outside. I'm not sure I described this well. But really a great hotel, employees were very friendly, check in was a breeze. Didn't get up in time for breakfast so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey regarding your recent stay. Thank you for letting me know about how friendly the employees are and how check-in was a breeze. I know that our managment company is looking into getting new curtains/drapes so I will definitely be mentioning the 2 level thing to them. Guest feedback is very important in the hotel industry and we try to use every bit of feedback we can to improve the quality of the hotel and the quality of our service.
Bristol, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for only one night. I had a speaking engagement at the college and decided that the hotel was perfect distance. The room was very clean, spacious and pleasant. The hotel outside and inside were great. The only issue we had was the bed. We had a king bed and it honestly was unbelievably hard. We prefer something softer. My husband said it would have been better to sleep on the floor. I couldn’t say enough good things about the room and staff, but the bed could use a better mattress.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am pleased that you found the rooms clean and spacious. I am sorry to hear that you found the beds uncomfortable though. Hopefully the next time you come through the Maryville/Alcoa area we will have a bed that better suites your needs.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I flew in to Knoxville late Wednesday evening for a family funeral and chose to stay here for the evening because of the reviews here on Trip advisor. It was convenient to the airport. Front desk experience was aery good, Quality, clean room with good heat (It was cold in east Tennessee Wednesday night ) A decent free breakfast in a clean dining area. And all this at a reasonable price. If needed, I will use this inn again.

Room Tip: I used priceline and got a great rate
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Smitty3a8,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Alcoa. I was sorry to hear that you were here for a funeral. I do hope the next time you are in the area that it will be for a more enjoyable experience.
lawrenceville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We only stayed one night while in town, the room was very nice great King bed, very clean. Would stay here again if in the area. We requested a 3rd floor room with a king bed, this request was met. Check in was very fast and easy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
flossLawrenceville,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Alcoa. I will be sharing your responses about your stay with the employees. We hope that the next time you are in the area that you think of us.
LaGrange, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

When we stayed at this motel last year, it was Jameson Inn. No complaints on this trip either. Same great service and cleanliness! The only problem we had was we did not want to leave! LOL Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Joanna H, General Manager at Quality Inn Alcoa, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Tracey,

Thank you so much for thaking the time to complete the survey about your stay! I am so glad that you had a great experience here at the Quality Inn Alcoa! We hope you think of us again next time you are back in the area!

We hope you have a wonderful year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Luxbury Inn & Suites
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport
Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa

Been to Quality Inn Alcoa? Share your experiences!