“Good for short stay but not long!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Izmir, Turkey
“Good for short stay but not long!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed there in october, 2011. Good things are that they have a shuttle service to and from airport which is right across the street. They have really good price. Breakfast was not bad. Bad things, it is really out of town and far from center. If you don't have a car, you can't go anywhere. Only by cab. There is swimming pool but i'm not sure how clean it is.
The rooms could be cleaner. My friend saw a bug in the room and that made all of us nervous at night. Even though smoking was forbidden in the halls, we could smell the smoke everyday in corridors. It was annoying. The hotel surely needs to be refurbished.
And the rooms were not equal.

Room Tip: Non-smoking and bigger room. Emphasize on non-smoking!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ellenwood, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was a nice hotel, but I would recommend that they purchase new TV's for the rooms. When I arrived there wasn't anyone at the front desk so I had to wait 15 minutes before anyone came, however, when the clerk did come he was polite and apologized for the delay. I also had to wait the next day for another 15 minutes for the clerk to come to the front desk. In my opinion they need hire a few more people. Overall though it was not a bad place, I slept peacefully and I enjoyed my time there outside of waiting. I am scheduled to return to Alcoa next month so hopefully things will be different, I will definitely write an update review, if I end up at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Waxhaw, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

My party had reserved 2 rooms for October 28--one regular 2 queen beds, and 1 providing handicap amenities. Neither room had a coffee carafe and when I called the desk 2 times to receive one, there was no answer after 15 or so rings. The remote to the TV's did not work properly in either room. The handicap room had no telephone. When checking out--or trying to do so--we waited about 15 minutes in the lobby for a desk clerk. The explanation given later was that the one desk clerk had to also run the shuttle van and was absent for that reason. This reason was also given to explain not getting an answer when calling the front desk. The only bright spot for this hotel was the new breakfast server. She was extremely nice and accomodating. But we will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Erwin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

ust spent 4 nights in this awesome little hotel. From the first phone call to make the reservations until our check out we were pleased. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the shuttle service and it was fast and efficent. The staff members that went above and beyond were, Luana, John, Bill and Dustin. The owner also went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. The room was clean, and well decorated. The breakfast was amazing, there were hot biscuits, sausage, and gravy, waffles, toast (3 kinds), cereal, oatmeal (already made), danishes, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, and several drinks to choose from. I was so happy to find a great place to stay on our trips to the Knoxville airport, as we live 2 hours away. I will be staying here again, and look forward to seeing my new friends... For the price, do yourself a favor and rest here, you won't be sorry !!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Marion, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed here for three nights while attending a music festival. The TV's are the old analog models and ours buzzed loudly enough to be distracting. We notified the front desk but nothing was done to correct the problem. The in-room refrigerator was nice to have but, again, ours was very noisy. Our room was clean and comfortable but these two items left something to be desired. The elevator floor, which the majority of folks see, definitely needs some work done.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
ATLANTA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

This is an older Country Inn and Suites and needs updating. Check in was nothing special. The desk clerk gave the impression he would rather be doing something else. He was basically just a warm body. The room was ok, but smaller than other Country Inn and Suites I have stayed. The television was the older tube type not the newer LCD flat screen. The carpet had been recently replaced so it was nice, I believe they may be remodeling, but doing it a very slowly. The bed was comfortable and the room appeared to be clean. Breakfast was basic not much selection. I'm glad this was not my first experience with Country Inn and Suites as I would probably not be inclined to stay at the chain based on this property.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank USGOVAGENT
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

This is our second stay with this hotel. We are doing some remodeling to our home and have had to leave our home on occasion for a couple of nights because of painting, flooring, ect.. We have enjoyed both stays with this hotel. The staff is very courteous and the cleaning is perfect. I was a little bit surprised to read the complaints from other guests concerning remodeling. I know what remodeling is - and it's nothing like what's going on at my house! The hotel is calm and quiet - you can't even hear the planes from the airport there - and aside from a large construction dumpster in the back you can hardly tell that any remodeling is going on. The carpets and furniture all seem in perfect condition, as was the cleaning. We were very happy with our stay there and if the need arises we will return again for a few more nights.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family