“Great place to stay for a great staff and friendly personnel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Clever, Missouri
“Great place to stay for a great staff and friendly personnel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

My husband and a friend of ours spent one week at this fine Hotel. They were in the midst of a complete renovation, but that did not affect our rooms or the great service we received. Our room was very comfortable and was cleaned every day we were there. They offered a great breakfast every day at no extra cost to us. We cannot say enough about the friendliness of the front desk people. We would like to thank Bill, Todd and Luwanna for all the help they gave us from asking directions to great places to dine. We would definetly stay there again when we return to the Great Smokey Mountains.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Raymore, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

There was remodeling taking place but some things should be finished before a room is rented. Our deadbolt did not fit into the door plate and was not fixed even after brought to the staff's attention. The room was freshly painted, but was missing an electrical outlet cover and the baseboard trim. The in-room guide said each room had a safe, but we couldn't find ours. The in-room refrigerator froze our drinks. The bed linens were crisp and clean. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

Having stayed at a very nice Country Inn and Suites just a week before this stay, I decided to stay here at one in Knoxville. My children and I had an early morning departure at the airport so I wanted something close by. This hotel was in a perfect location for dining (Ruby Tuesday's was almost in the same parking lot, as well as Starbucks.) It was very close to the airport. I never heard airplanes taking off or landing but I love airplanes and probably wouldn't have noticed. The staff were above and beyond friendly! The internet was great. They had an indoor heated pool/spa, we didn't go in so I don't know how warm they actually were. The rooms were just okay. They appeared to be a little outdated, not new like the outside of the hotel appeared. The breakfast in the morning was just okay again. The only complaint that I had was the parking. You couldn't park close to the front door and I was traveling by myself with two small children. It didn't feel safe at all. Overall, if I were traveling with my husband, I might stay here again, but by myself, I would probably choose another hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

The room was small and the bed was on the firm side (not to my liking, but better for some, I suppose), but at least it was clean. The staff was not exceptionally friendly-they seemed irked at my late arrival, but that was beyond my control. Continental breakfast was average, nothing fancy.

There was some minor noise from the airport nearby, but what do you expect for proximity to the airport? It was a 20 minute drive to downtown Knoxville, with minimal traffic congestion. Chances are, you can find something at or about the same price closer to town, if that is your destination.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Columbus OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

Country Inn and Suites has always provided us a clean hotel room at a good price but I was very disappointed with their billing system. We had 2 roooms for 3 nights and when we checked in they put a hold for each of the hotel rooms on my charge card for the entire amount of the stay. The problem is that when I was checking out their system does not apply the charges to the initial authorizations. It applies a new set of charges to your card. I had made sure I had enough open credit for the stay, but I didn't anticipate a double hit against the card,so my credit card declined the charges. Luckily the other person was able to put the charges on their credit card, but we were late to our meeting because I was trying to figure out why my credit card company was denying the charges. (and this was not a debit card as posted in their lobby) I have had other hotels and car-rental firms put the hold on the card, but they usually apply the final charges to that initial authorization.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

I flew into Knoxville Airport (TYS) late one evening and checked in to the hotel. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and very clean. The wireless internet was easily accessible. While I didn’t stay long (I checked out the next morning), the experience was very positive. A reasonable continental breakfast was included. If you looking for a hotel near the airport, this is a very good choice.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dimitri220, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2009
Hello LostLion,
My name is Dimitri Hill and I am the GM for the Country Inn & Suites-Knoxville Airport. I wanted to thank you for staying at our hotel and taking time out of your busy schedule to review us. Your information is highly valuable and deeply appreciated. We are very pleased that your had a postive experience at our hotel. If you are ever back in town, please do not hesitate to come see us.
Dimitri Hill and staff
South Carolina formerly of Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

Upon driving up to the hotel this looks like the typical Country Inn hotels you see when driving by. The lobby wasn't anything spectacular but it was extremely clean looking and there were no musty smells upon first entering. It appears the hotel may have had some renovations and could probably use a few more. Since we booked the reservations on line providing the front desk with our name and credit card was all that was necessary.

Going down the hallway to our hotel room we noticed several areas where the carpet needing repairs most likely due to the lack of respect from people staying at the hotel. First glance we also noticed wallpaper that needed to be glued down in places but I personally notice things of this nature so I may be more critical. Upon entering our room we immediately noticed how fresh smelling it was, as if the linens had just come out of a dryer (I'd like to say off the clothes line but I've never had the pleasure of that smell). The counters were clean and shiny and no signs of prior people in the room. The bathroom was sparkling clean and the towels fluffy. We always remove the bedspread from a hotel room (just a habit) and upon doing so the blanket was soft and fresh smelling and the sheets were fresh and extremely clean. We've stayed in places in the past where we simply would not sleep on the sheets and have asked for a new set. We didn't hesitate here.

The shower provided great water pressure. The only "fault" we noticed was water escapes from the front side of the shower - I think over time the grout on the floor has darkened in the one area due to that. It may be from the type of shower curtain they use, because they are the industrial type made for hotels to prevent mold and such, they don't conform the shower stalls as well and water drips from the sides. If people staying the hotel would wipe up the water after their shower this would probably not happen...but then again most people leave it to housekeeping to do that and it could be hours before the housekeeper gets in the room to clean. Over time I think this happens.

The included breakfast was good and definitely filling. You could make your own waffles and have sausage patties with that. There were hard boiled eggs as well as bisquits with sausage gravy (actually pretty good gravy too). They also had an assortment of doughnuts and breads as well as cereals and oatmeal. You had your choice of a couple juices, coffees and teas. Definitely enough to fill you up and get you going in the morning.

Checking out was as simple as checking in. Gave them my name and room number and they gave me a receipt for our credit card and off we went. We would definitely stay at this Country Inn again and put this chain on our prefer list.

• Liked — Extremely clean room, sheets and towels
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple