“lukewarm”

El Sazon Mexicano Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Alcoa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have been here several times -- there is a back room available for fun birthday parties and church group gatherings. I've brought members of my family here after picking them up at the airport.
On my last visit, I was alone. The daily special was all you can eat fajitas. What a disappointment. The platter was not steaming (only time I've seen fajitas arrive without steam rising). The flour tortillas were barely lukewarm -- I ended up leaving the last one as too cool and dry to eat. There was NO crowd at the time I was there, so the meal shouldn't have cooled so much before being brought to the table.
Certainly hope the next visit won't be as disappointing.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were here for about 45 minutes before someone came to get order.

Normally the food in this place is pretty good and it probably would have been again if we had two more hours to wait on the food.

This rating is just about the service this busy day.

Avoid this place if there is a crowd.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We particularly enjoy eating Mexican food while traveling and this restaurant was near our motel. It turned out that it was a sister restaurant to the Pelanchos where we enjoyed a good meal earlier in our trip, in Middlesboro, KY. This time we tried a different choice than that meal and were not disappointed. We also enjoyed the fact that there is outside seating.

The only reason we're not giving this review 4 stars is that many of the tables on the outside patio remained uncleared while employees visited by the cash register. The person serving us at our table did a fine, attentive job.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate here last week. We requested a patio table and didn't realize smoking was permitted. Needless to say, we were choking within ten minutes. We moved tables to get away from the smoke and it helped....for a minute. Then another table lit up. Anyways, we ordered a variety of food. The wings were very good. My daughter ordered tacos and they were literally ice cold. The shredded cheese on top wasn't melted and when she bit into them, it was almost like refrigerated. My sons chicken was cold as well. We sent those things back to be reheated and they came back cold again. The server kind of just disappeared on us so we didn't get the chance to send it back again. The mojitos were the best I've had inside the US

1  Thank KyBlondeTraveler
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Loved the food and service here. We both had different dishes and were both excellent.

Just remember if you don't have a valid ID meaning of age and not expired you will not be served adult beverages. Seem the local police send people in with expired licenses and bust the place if not a valid ID on a regular bases as my wife was denied and she is 61 untip we went back to car where we had her passport. Found out the same at the hotel that they do the same thing.