“Don't Bother”
Review of Captain D's

Captain D's
Ranked #57 of 76 Restaurants in Alcoa
Reviewed 4 May 2017

i was not impressed with anything about this restaurant. You enter the establishment, place your order, and either take out or dine in. Having never been to a Captain D's, I wanted to ask some key questions because of my eating choices. The person at the register would not let me inquire anything until I told her dine in or take out. That was unsettling since the answers to my questions would determine if I wanted to purchase food there at all. She was very pushy and insistent that I place my order immediately. It wasn't even that busy. I quickly chose a meal, not certain what it was I would be getting, and entered the dining area to wait for it to be prepared. All the tables needed to be wiped down. Another let down. The food was acceptable. The fish was over-battered. The cole slaw was on the better side, and the hush puppies were tasty. This was a very disappointing experience, and I am not likely to ever return there.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Most stuff is fried but lightly. Their fish and shrimp are great. Broccoli as a side is cooked perfectly Price is inexpensive.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Over the years Captain D's seems to have ben going downhill as far as food quality is concerned. My wife and I stopped by this location the other day for an early dinner and we were both disappointed in our orders. Our fish was brown and soggy, the fries were cold, the shrimp looked like they had been flattened out to give the appearance that they were large shrimp, and the hush puppies were undercooked. The service was relatively friendly but none of the employees seemed like they really wanted to be there. That was our first visit to any Captain D's in years and I don't think we'll be going back any time soon.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 26 January 2017

this used to be a place we frequented but over the past couple of years we've just aobut quit going...we've had service issues a couple of different times and our last visit was much the same. Food was okay, but a little pricy for fast food. We always use coupons when we go and that gets the price back to a comparable place with other fast food places on Alcoa Highway.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 21 March 2016

How many times have you found your take out incorrect? After arriving home found not one but three items missing. Receipt had Area Directors Name and phone number. Called his cell, left message. He did not return my call which I consider a lack of professionalism but passed it down to a store employee. My initial assumption that he was interested was incorrect. No thank you Mr. David Rentschler. Employee offered to replace next time I was in. Her assumption is also incorrect.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to Captain D's? Share your experiences!