“Terrible”
Review of Captain D's

Captain D's
Ranked #57 of 76 Restaurants in Alcoa
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Waste of money and time. Cashier was very rude and did not know what he was talking about. Kept yawning. We waited 20 minutes for greasy over fried food. Charged us the wrong price as well.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The service was good and the server was friendly. When we sat down several tables had not been washed off and were very sticky. We had coupons and still paid what we would have at Red Lobster. The quality of the food was good for fast food.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

i was not impressed with anything about this restaurant. You enter the establishment, place your order, and either take out or dine in. Having never been to a Captain D's, I wanted to ask some key questions because of my eating choices. The person at the register would not let me inquire anything until I told her dine in or take out. That was unsettling since the answers to my questions would determine if I wanted to purchase food there at all. She was very pushy and insistent that I place my order immediately. It wasn't even that busy. I quickly chose a meal, not certain what it was I would be getting, and entered the dining area to wait for it to be prepared. All the tables needed to be wiped down. Another let down. The food was acceptable. The fish was over-battered. The cole slaw was on the better side, and the hush puppies were tasty. This was a very disappointing experience, and I am not likely to ever return there.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Most stuff is fried but lightly. Their fish and shrimp are great. Broccoli as a side is cooked perfectly Price is inexpensive.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Over the years Captain D's seems to have ben going downhill as far as food quality is concerned. My wife and I stopped by this location the other day for an early dinner and we were both disappointed in our orders. Our fish was brown and soggy, the fries were cold, the shrimp looked like they had been flattened out to give the appearance that they were large shrimp, and the hush puppies were undercooked. The service was relatively friendly but none of the employees seemed like they really wanted to be there. That was our first visit to any Captain D's in years and I don't think we'll be going back any time soon.

Been to Captain D's? Share your experiences!