“Very nice and would stay again”

Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
San Diego, California
“Very nice and would stay again”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My stay at the Marriott, Knoxville airport Alcoa was paid for so I do not know what the rate was.
The room and the hotel in general was very comfortable and service from the staff excellent.
I am not used to paying for breakfast which was $7 for cold buffet. I always chose hotels where breakfast is included....
That was the only drawback but certainly would not keep me from staying again for the "right" nightly rate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Pros - Nice, clean, modern. Bed is excellent. Pricing was very good for the quality of this Hotel. Very nice place to stay with excellent staff. Ruby Tuesday is right across the street. Cons - Breakfast is $7 or $10 for hot breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I only marked this average vs. Very Good...because the evening before I stayed in another Courtyard that was a step up. But I must say....this Courtyard is fine. It's a typical Marriott Courtyard, and the location near the airport is very convenient. I flew in rather late....and grabbing a rental car and driving right across from the airport was easy and convenient.

Everyone here was friendly. The room was clean and was of the newer courtyard design. Internet worked fine.

The entry and bistro area of this Courtyard is different than others. It's a simpler style without a real bistro. Instead they have a breakfast buffet.

I do appreciate the free coffee in the lobby, was great to grab a cup on the way out in the morning.

The main road in front of this Courtyard is quite challenging for exit from the Hotel during the morning rush hour. Especially if you need to make a left turn....whoa...life in hands, foot on the accelerator....GO!!

This is a solid Marriott Courtyard....and my corporate rate was excellent.

Enjoy

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is my second review of this hotel. I've had extended stays with them five times in the past six months and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Rooms are spotless, roomy, well laid out and everything works. Workspace is very adequate and lots of room to lay things out. Bathroom is great, good shower pressure, plenty of space and good counter space also. Reception staff are pleasantly informal, friendly and helpful. Bar service is charming and efficient...though why is the bar closed from Friday to Monday when the hotel is three quarters full? Breakfast is good, cooked by a genial head chef who talks to the guests. Parking is convenient because there is access through the side doors. For fast-food, every imaginable variation is available within three minutes drive, Ruby Tuesday's is walking distance for beer and the usual roadhouse fare. Airport is right there but noise is not an issue. Free wifi never drops and is very fast.

For my business trip, this was a great place to come back to after work, have a beer (except at the weekend!) and relax.

Kudos to management and employees for putting on a good show.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel was very nice! The rooms are very big, clean and comfortable! They also have free wifi and mini frig. The beds were very comfortable, but I would recommend traveling with your own pillow. The pillows on the bed are either way to large or way to small. The indoor pool was nice, but was not heated. It was very cold. The hot tub was not in working order. We called a few hours before arriving to make sure they had a pool and hot tub, but they never mentioned it not working. Also, upon our arrival the person checking us in didn't seem to be well trained. We are Marriott Elite members and he did not offer us any of our upgrades. I asked about it and he said his manager hadn't showed him that yet. Overall this was a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is about as close to the airport as you can get! I stayed here to catch an early morning flight and the hotel is very convenient. The rooms and accomodations are typical of a Courtyard and the staff was extremely friendly. There is a newer Ruby Tuesday within walking distance as well as a small bar in the lobby (not open weekends). If I found myself with an early morning flight out of Knoxville in the future, I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueMarlinDave
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I brought in my girlfriend, her son, and her mom for a one night stay from Cincinnati. While the hotel was awesome and her son had a great time looking at the airplanes flying in it occoured to me how expensive a one night stay actually was.

After paying market rate for an above average room with an about average staff, I was told that the breakfast was not included in the stay. I new that Shoneys would be a better deal for us but time was short so I payed for the breakfast.

Everything was excellent, everything accept the price. No problems and no complaints, just not the best deal for me and my family given our current needs.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay the "extras" unless you clearly clarify that you want them when you che...