“Great place for early flight”

Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here one night because of an early morning flight from McGhee Tyson airport. They have an option to purchase parking for your vehicle while you travel. We arrived in the late afternoon and had arranged/paid online for the parking. At check-in, we set the pick up time for the shuttle and headed to the room. Hotel and room are very nice. Hotel looks to be updated recently. Room was very clean and comfortable. We were on the top floor and the only issue was that our room was directly under the mechanical systems on the roof. The room had a drone noise that was very noticeable. So much so, I headed back to my car where I happened to have a set of earplugs from a recent visit at a local factory. Not sure I could have slept without them. Very comfortable beds. Upon return to the airport, we contacted the hotel and the shuttle picked up within minutes. I will stay at this hotel again, just not in the top floor near the mechanical systems & the dreaded drone.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor rooms (east facing), especially near the elevator area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hotel is nice, welcoming staff at desk friendly. They did put is in a room that was next to a mechanical room and there was a loud deep motor sound that was constant. We asked to be moved and they did upgrade us. The desk clerk said they don't normally book that room unless the hotel is full. I felt that was odd; that a person who's a Platinum Elite would be given a room that isn't usually booked. She also said that Platinum Elites have to request an upgrade on line. There's no way to do that on Marriott's on-line reservations. It was a good stay, breakfast was expensive and marginal as it's the new Courtyard Bistro which I greatly dislike. Whomever sold Courtyards on the concept shouldn't have been paid. In all, though a good stay. Do note there is only one restaurant that's walking distance, a Ruby Tuesday.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to Mechanical Rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed for 7 nights on local business and was happy with the location, food, staff and price. Situated 2 minutes from the airport. Many restaurants, mainly chains and fast-food within walking distance. Would stay again if in town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I travel to Tennessee twice a month and I always stay at the Marriott! It is very nice and comfortable beds, the workers are nice and helpful. It is always a great stay! They have a very nice outside patio and a great pool and Hot tub. The lobby is very nice and everything is clean!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Daisygirl087
Jesse P, Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for the excellent review. Our diligent staff is always working hard to keep our guests happy. We appreciate that you have noticed and are happy to share your views with others. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jesse PL Pavlak
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My GPS drove me crazy finding the hotel, despite it being just a few yards from the main highway, if you miss the turn to Furrow way you can end up driving around a little, because the main Alcoa Highway can be quite busy.

Once at the hotel the check in was excellent, with an immediate status upgrade to a nice suite; even a choice of what kind of upgrade I wanted. I was intending to go back out and find food for the evening and some drinks for the room. But the in hotel bar and gift shop had me covered and saved me the extra trip which was nice.

The room was really nice, certainly felt like a real upgrade. Sometimes hotels 'upgrade' you and you wonder if it was real. This room was very large with huge big screen TVs; much bigger than a typical hotel room in this price point. All the furniture, fixtures, and fittings were just great and the bed was comfy.

This hotel delivered in all the key points for me, although I was only there for a night. Even the free WiFi was fast enough to stream in HD.

The location is perfect for the traveller looking to jump on a plane at the TYS / Knoxville airport. I think the drive was literally longer to drive to the rental car return than driving across the street from the hotel!

The only thing that annoyed me was that at 5:30am when I took a shower, the water was barely luke warm. It's annoying enough to get up so early for a flight, but a cold shower is going to do little to put a smile on your face.

If I had not been annoyed by the shower, I think I'd have given five green circles instead of four. Since I'm assuming they will get that fixed, I can definitely recommend this hotel, nice accommodation with excellent airport access.

Room Tip: When I was there the elevator was painfully slow, even opening its doors with all the zip of an arth...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel appears to be very new. It times you pick up that "new" aroma. Being very new it is extremely clean and everything is modern. Overall a very nice place to stay. I paid a corporate rate of $124 plus taxes.

The staff was very friendly, especially at the breakfast bar.

Downsides, in my room my computer could see 4 or 5 wifi signals with good strength but when I logged on the connection was very slow. A person I was traveling with staying on another floor reported the same problem. The hotel is across the street from the airport. I was on the side toward the airport and it did not bother me, but if you think it might you should ask to be on the side away from the airport.

The fitness center is very new with two treadmills, one elliptical and free weights.

Room Tip: If you think the noise from the airport might bother you ask to be on the side away from the airport...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Getting to the motel was very confusing in the daylight and worse at night. There are no signs on the four lane road to tell you when to turn. The motel sits a good ways off the highway and it is difficult to see, keep your eye on the road and traffic, and not get run over by the local traffic (they know where they are going).

The lighting over the mirror in the bath room is very poor. When shaving you can't see if you missed a spot or two.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jesse P, Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for letting us know what you thought of our hotel. By expressing your observations and opinions, you are allowing us to be better prepared for our guests' needs in the future. Please let us know the next time you are in this area so that we can do our very best to assure you have a problem free stay!

Jesse Pavlak