“Southern Soul Shoe Leather”
Review of Vinegar Jim's

Vinegar Jim's
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Gilbert, Arizona
“Southern Soul Shoe Leather”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We've been wanting to go to Vinegar Jim's for awhile now, and decided to drive up to Arlington tonight. It wasn't as crowded as it looked to be from the parking lot. We were seated promptly, and the hostess got us our drinks. It would be another five minutes before our server came to our table, despite her only having TWO other tables. I ordered one of the specials, the Southern Soul Chicken and my husband ordered the Shrimp and 'maters. It was awhile before the food came out, but they brought us rolls to tie us over. The presentation of my entree was nice, and it's sad that it didn't taste as good as it looked. The chicken was so tough I couldn't even cut it with the steak knife they gave me. I took two bites of that, and I was done. I tried eating the rice that the chicken was served on, but it was UNDERcooked and had a crunchy texture. The flavor of the rice was good, it's just unfortunate it wasn't cooked long enough. The best part of my entree was the fried green tomatoes that we're placed on top of the chicken. Dusted with cornmeal, and dabbed with some cheese and a little hot sauce...they were perfect. I also had a sign of green beans. Considering they were from a can, they weren't half bad. My husbands entree wasn't very pretty, but he ate it and said it was good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank theREALmle

Arlington, Tennessee
“Best in Arlington”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I have been here many times and the quality of the service and food are excellent. It is the best restaurant in Arlington. It has that small hometown restaurant feel. I hope you enjoy your visit.

• Visited July 2013
Germantown, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local eatery with atmosphere and terrific food!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Vinegar Jim's has an enormous menu selection for a small local eatery. Good down-home, friendly, prompt service that makes you want to come back. We brought 13 from our church, which they handled with NO problem!! We'll be back!!

• Visited June 2013
Oakland
“Wonderful lunch!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Went to Vinegar Jim's today for lunch with my brother and it was fantastic!! We were greeted with a smile as soon as we walked in. Waitress came to our table as soon as we sat down and took our drink orders. Iced tea in Mason Jar on a hot afternoon was just the ticket! She then brought us a basket of warm rolls and corn muffins. Very yummy!! We both ordered the Country Fried Steak and it was the best that either of us has ever eaten. They hand cut the steaks and bread them with an incredible breading. Nice crunch when you cut into it and the steak melted in your mouth!! Never had anything quite like it before. It was like a breaded N.Y. Strip.
Excellent service!! Will definitely be going back!!

• Visited June 2013
Oakland, Tennessee
“An Arlington Landmark”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This place has been a staple in Arlington for years. It is in an old house, is always busy and the food is good. A little overpriced, but that doesnt seem to affect business. The food quality seems to have changed when the business was sold a few years ago.

Visited May 2013