“Fantastic Value!!”
Review of Motel 6 Athens

Motel 6 Athens
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Staff was super friendly, very clean motel!!! Ice machine worked and was not a mile away. In the morning they made coffee and coffee that meant my picky husband's seal of approval. Great value for the price. Could not ask for a more helpful staff!! If in the area again we will stay there!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 March 2013

#1 staff was very friendly.
We stayed here because we were traveling with our small dog (they were pet friendly). Got room cards that didn't work with the side door (I think the card reader on the door was broken). Room wasn't the cleanest, burn holes in the bedspread and carpet of our (non-smoking room). Sheets and such seemed clean, but the room was extremely outdated and had stains everywhere on the carpet (I kept my socks on).
The strong smell of incense almost overwhelmed our hallway.

It worked, was cheap and accommodated our dog... we survived.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

As anyone who uses Motel 6s on a regular basis can tell you, they are NOT all created equal. Because I travel with my dog, and because I resent having to pay extra for her, and because Motel 6 does not have pet charges, I stay at them pretty frequently. I almost always check TripAdvisor first, and if the reviews are at least adequate, I am willing to put up with the lack of amenities in favor of cheap price and the no dog hassel. Guided by the great reviews of this property, I stopped here on my way to Alabama. It was spot on. The rooms are a little on the small side, but they are very clean, the beds were good, the linens clean and fresh, the price was on par with many lessor motels in this chain, and the bathroom was updated and quite large. It DOES have indoor corridors (but has an elevator) which I generally do not like because of the dog, but they gave me a first floor room near an exit door when I asked, so it was not any issue. Plenty of green space to walk the dog, too. Nice owners. You can't go wrong staying here....not fancy, but better than average for Motel 6, and, actually, better than many of the higher priced chains. I will try to incorporate this one into my frequent trips down south.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Placed my reservation by phone . Motel 6 reservations did a great job , very professional.
Upon arrival desk clerk very proficient and helpful . Got a great room and a great rate......I will continue to use Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2013

In town for a dog show and we stayed at the Motel 6. I usually prefer outside corridor motels.. just makes it easier when traveling with large dogs, but it worked out fine. The room was clean and comfortable. Big, corner-sized bathroom. The vanity and sink are actually inside the bathroom, unlike most motels these days. We were only there for one night, but had a pleasant stay and no problems!

Room Tip: At this location, the corridor is on the inside instead of outside.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is by far the best Motel 6 I have stayed at in years! Clean, fresh smelling, and quiet. Of course it's not the Marriott but with four kids it was affordable and the best for the money! We were driving home from Florida and arrived at night so could not see much of the city but being that it was right off the highway I was very impressed.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Rather plain and worn from the outside, I almost skipped it and I'm a regular at Motel 6. However, I asked to see a room and it was fine. Carpet could use more attention when vacuuming, but the bathroom was clean, mattresses are comfortable as as the pillows. I travel with my dog and prefer to give Motel 6 my business because of their pet policy. Don't forget that you get what you pay for! I paid $35 for a night, I don't expect the Hilton!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo