Motel 6 Athens
US$56
EconoLodge
  • Breakfast included
Athens Inn(Athens)
All reviewsworking ordertwo double bedsroom was cleanparking lotroad tripgas
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were on our way to Columbus, Ohio from Florida and stopped at this motel in Athens, TN.

Nice looking on outside but inside was rough and worn. Price was right and we were very tired of driving so we stayed here.

Bed was hard but size of room was good with a nice big shower and bathroom. It also came with a large screen TV and a refrigerator.

It was fine for the night but down the road were even nicer motels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Staff was super friendly, very clean motel!!! Ice machine worked and was not a mile away. In the morning they made coffee and coffee that meant my picky husband's seal of approval. Great value for the price. Could not ask for a more helpful staff!! If in the area again we will stay there!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

#1 staff was very friendly.
We stayed here because we were traveling with our small dog (they were pet friendly). Got room cards that didn't work with the side door (I think the card reader on the door was broken). Room wasn't the cleanest, burn holes in the bedspread and carpet of our (non-smoking room). Sheets and such seemed clean, but the room was extremely outdated and had stains everywhere on the carpet (I kept my socks on).
The strong smell of incense almost overwhelmed our hallway.

It worked, was cheap and accommodated our dog... we survived.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

As anyone who uses Motel 6s on a regular basis can tell you, they are NOT all created equal. Because I travel with my dog, and because I resent having to pay extra for her, and because Motel 6 does not have pet charges, I stay at them pretty frequently. I almost always check TripAdvisor first, and if the reviews are at least adequate, I am willing to put up with the lack of amenities in favor of cheap price and the no dog hassel. Guided by the great reviews of this property, I stopped here on my way to Alabama. It was spot on. The rooms are a little on the small side, but they are very clean, the beds were good, the linens clean and fresh, the price was on par with many lessor motels in this chain, and the bathroom was updated and quite large. It DOES have indoor corridors (but has an elevator) which I generally do not like because of the dog, but they gave me a first floor room near an exit door when I asked, so it was not any issue. Plenty of green space to walk the dog, too. Nice owners. You can't go wrong staying here....not fancy, but better than average for Motel 6, and, actually, better than many of the higher priced chains. I will try to incorporate this one into my frequent trips down south.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Placed my reservation by phone . Motel 6 reservations did a great job , very professional.
Upon arrival desk clerk very proficient and helpful . Got a great room and a great rate......I will continue to use Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business