Holiday Inn Express Athens
US$47
EconoLodge
  • Breakfast included
US$136
All reviewscinnamon bunsroom was cleanwill stay there againnice breakfastnice place to stayrestaurants within walking distancestayed one nightrecommend this hotelfront desk clerkking roomfirst floornext morninghiefloridainterstaterubyaaa
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Only a one day visit but a nice experience :

Pros :

Nicely renovated, new feel.
Clean comfortable rooms with modern updated furniture + tv.
Quick access to Highway 75.
Nice breakfast area,

Overall this was a very nice hotel. I think in some ways that is a problem as this is the benchmark so far for me as on my last trip I stayed in 3 different Holiday Inn Express's. This one takes the prize. It's the reason I stayed with the chain in my next two locations and the reason i was not as impressed with at least one of those places.

This is a great stopover place for a nice restful sleep on a long highway 75 journey.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul Z
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Nice room-big and clean-well appointed. Microwave didn't want to work- maybe us. Soft sheets compared to others on this trip.Spa and pool were enjoyed on cold evening. No apparent deals offered but not bargain hunting. Got our money's worth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Traveling through Tennessee we missed our Clevland exit and I'm glad we did. Stopped at the Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate in Athens TN . Checked right into a very clean spacious room. Friendly staff and free hot breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bridget D
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We needed a late night stop and have had good success with this brand. I called ahead by 20 minutes and the desk clerk found us a room. Yea! It was almost 1 AM. For our short night sat I would have expected a discount but forgot to ask. I had 2 problems with our room. First, it was dirty. Under the toilet seat was disgusting! AND it looked like somebody dumped something or threw up in the sink! GROSS!
The 2nd issue was the beds. Pretty hard and not what you would expect from this brand. I guess they haven't updated this hotel yet.
Finally, the staff needs a lesson in courtesy. While they were getting their work done they interfered with guest movement without an excuse me or courtesy of allowing the guest to go first. For the price I would try a different hotel in the area. But, I it's late it works fine!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank epcotitis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear epcotitis,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our facilities continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We came down for our daughters graduation and since we are Priority Club Members we picked this hotel for our free points stay. The hotel gave us a room upgrade and it was a beautiful room with great comfortable beds. The room was spacious with a modern decor. It was clean with a relaxing chair and ottoman. There was a desk for the business travler. The room had a high ceiling which made it feel even bigger. My husband said he could actually relax here. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple