“First time ordering pizza in motel = Score !!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Double Daves Pizzaworks
Ranked #134 of 267 Restaurants in Abilene
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
louisiana
“First time ordering pizza in motel = Score !!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Traveled through the rain getting to Abilene and just didn't feel like getting out in it again, so we decided to order pizza. this was the first time we had ever ordered pizza at a motel. We were very satisfied with our decision. Double Dave's Pizza was outstanding. Also first time every having pizza from this establishment. We couldn't believe how good it was. We were so afraid that ordering from a menu in the room that it would be sub-par. Not so. If we see Double Dave's elsewhere, we will definitely enjoy another.

• Visited May 2014

Abilene
“Never Again”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have been wanting to eat here for awhile but since my wife doesn't like the place I never got the chance. Well, my wife is out of town on business so I thought I'd give it a shot. What a mistake. My daughter and I walked in and about half of the tables were occupied so it wasn't too busy. I paid for our food and went to find a table but there were none available due to dirty dishes that had yet to be cleared. We waited approximately five minutes before the clown that cleaned tables made an attempt at the first one. When we finally sat down, I tried to make a salad and there was very little lettuce but I almost didn't notice that due how dirty the salad bar glass shield was. I couldn't even tell if I was getting broccoli or mushrooms. I should have listened to my wife and went elsewhere.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gpug
Sunsites, AZ
“Excellent Tasty PIZZA!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We ordered at the counter ... Lots of options ... We ordered the BIGGEST pizza they had! Pepperoni, olives, onions and mushrooms!

Took a little longer than I figured for it to get done ... but when it arrived ... It was worth it!

Since it was only my wife and I ... I got to eat more than half ... It was SO GOOD ... I just could help myself ... I just kept eating until it was all gone! (We had planned on taking some with us for our road trip)

The seating is kinda hard, wish there were cushions on the hard wooden benches ... Other than that ... A GREAT PIZZA PLACE!

We would go again ... And probably will when we are on the area again!

Abilene, Texas
“Pretty good food, decent prices”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We ordered delivery, which was slower than we expected since we don't live far from the restaurant. The pizza was ok, good crust and tasty sauce and toppings. I would have liked it to be cooked a little longer, which is actually an option that I missed. The garlic spinach stromboli was very good. We did not like the peproni rolls, they were kind of dry since it was just pepperoni in bread.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Just like College”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had my first Double Dave's at the University of Texas on 24th street 25 years ago. I always get the Peproni Rolls with a side of Ranch. We ordered 60 rolls and took them home and ate them over a few days. Tastes just like it did back in college.

Buffett is a great deal.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Double Daves Pizzaworks? Share your experiences!