“Clean and accomadating”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We found the marriott to have nice clean rooms that were updated. The beds were very comfortable. Room was well laid out with desk area, big t.v.,adequate doors space. The bathroom was a good size with separate sink/mirror area outside to accommodate two getting ready at the same time. The lobby had updated decor and wonderful groupings so several separate guest could use it at same time without infringing on each other. Separate area with two computers and printers was great for printing out boarding passes the day before departure. Staff at desk as well as housekeeping were very friendless and accommodating. Many excellent and healthy food items offered. Loved the free coffee in lobby complete with sugar and creamer. It was my morning highlight and made me feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you so much for your very informative review of Courtyard-Abilene. We know it takes time out of your busy schedule to write but we truly appreciate the kind words. We look forward to having you and your family at Courtyard in the near future!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at your hotel last weekend as part of a wedding party. I can,t say enough about the quality of this hotel. The big Texas red carpet welcome was rolled out and I had the most enjoyable 4 night stay that I can remember.

The staff was excellent, from Lisa Stutts at the front desk (and other desk people that I can't remember their names), David Yarborough (he kept us entertained in a way that was just down home REAL). The cleaning staff was excellent, The rooms were very comfortable from the pillows (I am very picky about pillows), mattresses, furniture, and the bathroom area. The breakfast fare was very good as well. I missed breakfast one morning, but David found me some leftovers. G. Creveling, Wa. state

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at Courtyard-Abilene. We are very fortunate to have such a great staff and especially David. He is one of a kind, his warm Texas hospitality is warm and genuine. Thanks again and we look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you in the future!!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Great rooms with comfortable beds. Big HDTVs with an excellent lineup of channels. Fastest internet connection that I have experienced at a hotel in Abilene.

I love this hotel. I travel to Abilene frequently for business. I will only stay at Courtyuard.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My stay at the Courtyard could not have been any better. Staff so very warm and friendly. Could not have asked for more comfortable accomodations and a more welcome atmosphere. I have children at ACU and family in Abilene, normally have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn but I will definately come back to the Courtyard next time. Thank you Gretchen!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let others know what they can expect when staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Abilene. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. It sounds like Gretchen delivered the type of service you deserve, we are so very proud of her. We hope to have you back again real soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I was recently here for 1 night for a business trip and it could not have been better. Room was clean, staff was SO friendly, bed was comfortable. The only thing was I could hear doors in the hallway closing, but that's just typical of hotels. Would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Room Tip: They gave me a choice of 1st floor of 3rd, which I appreciated. I chose 3rd floor cuz I wouldn't...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret K
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for your valued survey during your recent stay at our Courtyard Abilene. We know it takes time and extra effort and really appreciate you sharing your opinion. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again real soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This hotel was so clean. The interior design is very beautiful and warm. We loved the pool area. They bent over backwards to make your stay great! Gretchen was so helpful and friendly. We will defiantly stay here again on our next stay while visiting our ACU student. It is a farther drive than the residence inn but great!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ctlapek
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott while visiting Abilene. We really appreciate time taken to voice your opinion to others about our hotel. We hope you will be back this way again soon and stay with us!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This hotel is beautiful, clean and so friendly! We were here visiting our friend at Abilene Christian university and was so pleased with our decision to stay here. Gretchen gave awesome restaurant suggestions and we ordered in pizza and brought our own wine and sat in their lobby and they were so accommodating. They have food and alcohol for sale and the pool is heated and the outside area is beautiful. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Very quiet area, no reason to select a certain room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends