All reviews bistro staff front desk frittata starbucks coffee express deal marriott properties room was spacious would definitely stay here again pool area is business trip next morning late check a great place to stay the entire staff staff was friendly stayed one night road trip
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at all three of the Marriott properties in the area. Each is good but the Courtyard seems to pride itself on scoring high in customer service. They even display their TripAdvisor score at front desk. Check in was smooth. Staff was on top of things. Across from the Abilene mall and a drug store within a few blocks to replace anything you forgot to pack. Lots of restaurants in this area. Hotel has been updated. Great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TOak8
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, we are very proud of our TripAdvisor award! Thank you again, and we hope to see you next time you are in Abilene!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place was a little tricky to find as it was getting dark. Lovely lobby, friendly front desk, happy to see a Deli/Bistro in the lobby. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Ordering food from the Deli turned into a big joke. It took us an hour to get a chicken Quesadilla. The woman before us waited 90 minutes for a chicken salad! There was a group of workers in the lobby who said the deli worker was always this slow. Otherwise, we had a great night sleep, up early and back on the road

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleenalaska
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you so much for your sharing your recent experience while our guest at the Courtyard Abilene. It appears your stay was going great until your visit to the Bistro. I do apologize for the slow service and please know this problem has been taken care of. We expect above and beyond service for all of our guests. I look forward to having you back again soon and experience the change.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Nice and clean hotel -- near the mall and many restaurants. The staff was helpful and professional. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well taken care of. The room itself was pretty large.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott, Abilene and for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back if travel plans permit.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

First time in a long time I slept 9 straight hours. I need this mattress in my house. Very clean and comfortable room. Would definitely stay again. Would have loved for a small breakfast to be included for the $120 price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are so glad we could provide you with a full nights rest. The Courtyard by Marriott, Abilene wants you to feel like you are at home every visit and wake up refreshed. We appreciate your comments and truly take them into consideration for making it an even better stay next time.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Overall the stay was great. The desk staff was friendly and informative. I was in town on business so it was a quick in-and-out. The hotel is close to the airport which is convenient and there's plenty of places to eat nearby. The only odd thing was that my bed (king) didn't have any normal size pillows. They were all square, couch-style throw pillows. I didn't notice until I crawled into bed after a long day so I opted to deal with it but I am sure regular pillows were indeed available since my work colleagues all said their beds had normal ones. My only real complaint was that breakfast is not included. Other hotels in the same price range include breakfast, at least a buffet. The in-house restaurant serves breakfast but is kind of pricey. I knew this going in, so it doesn't effect my rating on anything other than value, and I only offer it as a suggestion to Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your sharing your experience while our guest at the Courtyard by Marriott, Abilene. I apologize for the quality of pillows in your room and please know this problem has been taken care of. We expect above and beyond service for all of our guests. I look forward to having you back again soon and experience the change.