“Very, very nice”

Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Austin, Texas
“Very, very nice”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I use TripAdvisor all the time - in this case, selecting the Courtyard by Marriott in Abilene for a recent (8/17) weekender with some friends. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were great - the beds (and bedding) were actually some of the best that I've slept on in a long time. Taking advantage of a "pay-early" special probably saved us another 25% or so too. Bottom line, this one just made my "pocket list" of "must-go-back-again" hotels. Now if there was an identical one in San Antonio for a trip there later this month...

Room Tip: book in advance (best price and you can pre-qualify the timing to avoid any large crowds (e.g. schoo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Todd,
Thank you so much for taking time to rate our Hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Taking advantage of the advance pay options is a good selection, also don't forget we have options with breakfast, too. I hope that you can stay with us again on your next visit to Abilene!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
McKinney, Texas, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I booked a night at this hotel quite by accident. I thought I was booking at another Marriott across town (also another good property). Well, what a pleasant surprise. Great "lounge" and deli in the lobby with updated furnishings. I was there on business, and my colleague and I landed upon the "happy hour." We had a great time with drinks and appetizers; good quality and a good value.
I agree with other reviewers...the staff is top-notch! Accommodations were comfy, clean, and quiet!
I would definately return to this property.

Stayed June 2013
Nina,
Well, we are sure happy that you stayed with us, even if it was by accident! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in how great our staff are. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Abilene!
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Awesome example of how a hotel should operate. Darla has a staff of about 5 who would make any other hotel proud. I've stayed here several times before under previous management and wasn't disappointed. But now, after being renovated and updated, the new staff exceeded my expectations. My initial experience this trip was with Crystal. I was trying to decide at the last minute on where to stay in Abilene. I called a couple of other hotels in the area and quickly decided based on her attitude that I would try the Courtyard again. I will be back. I also interacted with Lesa and Allison and was equally impressed with their attitude. The hotel looks really good inside and the pool was very pretty. The breakfast staff led by Judy were also very gracious and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel! Crystal is a great asset to our team and we are glad that she convinced you to stay with us! We are happy that you had a pleasant stay. I hope that the next time you stay in Abilene you will think of us first! Thank you, again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. Very courteous and responsive staff and the hotel was in a prime location just off the highway so there was no roadway noise yet near shopping and some good local as well as chain restaurants. The back patio was a great place for relaxing and enjoying a drink during the hotel's happy hour, even in the middle of a Texas August day. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
It's great to hear you enjoy coming to the Courtyard Abilene for a weekend getaway! We appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know what to expect when they choose us for their overnight destination. We hope to have you back again for some more fun real soon!
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff shows better skills and acts more professional then the US Congress. They have an answer to every question that is asked. They are super friendly as well as extremely helpful. The hotel is so clean I would feel comfortable eating sushi from the floor. If you have the opportunity to stay at this wonderful establishment, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank wadecharters
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you so much for all the compliments! We strive to keep the hotel clean and the guest happy! We have a wonderful staff that truly enjoys may guest feel welcome.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with Courtyard.
Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at all three of the Marriott properties in the area. Each is good but the Courtyard seems to pride itself on scoring high in customer service. They even display their TripAdvisor score at front desk. Check in was smooth. Staff was on top of things. Across from the Abilene mall and a drug store within a few blocks to replace anything you forgot to pack. Lots of restaurants in this area. Hotel has been updated. Great stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TOak8
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, we are very proud of our TripAdvisor award! Thank you again, and we hope to see you next time you are in Abilene!
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place was a little tricky to find as it was getting dark. Lovely lobby, friendly front desk, happy to see a Deli/Bistro in the lobby. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Ordering food from the Deli turned into a big joke. It took us an hour to get a chicken Quesadilla. The woman before us waited 90 minutes for a chicken salad! There was a group of workers in the lobby who said the deli worker was always this slow. Otherwise, we had a great night sleep, up early and back on the road

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleenalaska
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you so much for your sharing your recent experience while our guest at the Courtyard Abilene. It appears your stay was going great until your visit to the Bistro. I do apologize for the slow service and please know this problem has been taken care of. We expect above and beyond service for all of our guests. I look forward to having you back again soon and experience the change.