“Worst Marriott I've ever stayed at.”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worst Marriott I've ever stayed at.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Ever watch the movie Vacancy? I would of rather stayed in that hotel than this one. I was fortunate enough to have a room next to some drunken cowboys. All night I kept hearing yelling, clapping, and even moaning. When I attempted to call the alleged 24 hour front desk to complain know one picked up. To make matters worse in the morning When I received my check out receipt under my door I noticed that I had numerous in explained food charges. When I went downstairs to dispute these charges I must of waited at the counter for over five minutes. The clerk was working at the bistro area, and had to run to the counter to help me. Subsequently, if someone wanted service at the bistro she would run to the bistro counter. How bizarre and tacky. After wasting my time for over ten minutes on trying to figure out how the charges were applied to my room, she finally gave up. She had to wait for her very tardy manager to come to work. After a few hours I received a phone call from her manager and she agreed to remove the charges, but didn't even apologize for the inconvenience, or worse yet what if I left without double checking. With there obtuse attitude it would of been really difficult to reverse the charges. This is a typical business in the one-horse town that has been ripping off the military for years. Pour service, extremely high prices, and rude attitudes. Despite being a gold member I will never stay here again. I will choose the Holiday Inn over this hotel. Very disappointing for the Marriott Brand. Pathetic!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank TopekaTony
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
We are so sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. We greatly appreciate your survey. We continually strive to provide a service that is superior in every respect, and it is through the constructive comments of our customers that we are able to correct problems that might otherwise come to our attention. Please be assured that the appropriate corrections are made to ensure this remains an isolated occurrence. Again, we apologize for your inconveniences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A co-worker and I stayed overnight at this CY. Bed was comfortable, TV was new/sharp picture. Breakfast area has a Starbucks feel to it and food was good. Only minor drawback is elevator is very small.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you so much for rating out hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. Hopefully you travel to Abilene often with your business and we can continue to serve you. Thank you, again!
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is exactly what you would expect from the Marriot brand. It is a nice, clean, modern hotel with all the amenities. I stayed in a double room, and the beds were very comfortable. It was also very quiet.

There is a little bar as well as the customary Market for any items you may need during your stay.

The hotel is located across from the mall and near plenty of restaurants including walking distance to a Mexican place, Popeyes, and Buffalo Wild WIngs.

Well worth the money!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SCTREV
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to you see you again in the future!
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Quick trip to Abilene for a basketball tournament, and chose this Courtyard for a rewards stay. I am a big fan of CY and this one did not disappoint. Very clean, furnishings were up-to-date, and the staff was great. I had to make a few adjustments to my reservation at check-in, it was done quickly without a problem. The hotel is located across from the local mall, and numerous restaurants are in the immediate area to choose from. No problems here, great job Abilene CY.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your review on our property! We are happy that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Quiet, just what we needed., they recommended lyles steak house which was awesome.. Found happiness at hotel happy hour, thanks Danielle ( give her a raise!!) she is an asset. Crystal at front desk was a great ambassador to the Abilene area ..

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our staff and the great service they provide to our guests! Thanks for staying with us, hopefully we will see you again if the opportunity arises!
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I travel 2 weeks out of the month and stay in a lot of hotels. This is my favorite, the staff is professional and knows how to make you feel at home. The amenities are nice and the rooms are extremely comfortable. It is a great overall experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our staff and in the great service they provide to our guests! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Abilene. Thanks, again!
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel location is very good as others have said. This is is our third stay here. Staff is very professional. Amenities are good. We really appreciate the way the room is set up makes it easy for me to sleep and husband to stay up and watch tv. Bed very comfortable. This trip we really appreciated the tv lounge in the lobby. We were able to meet family after dinner and watch the Texas football game on TV in comfort. Just a great option for a hotel. The bar staff is friendly but not pushy. Just a great stay. Looking forward to our next trip here.

Room Tip: First floor isn't bad but not my personal favorite. If on first ask to overlook pool area in wi...