“Horrible front desk”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I made reservation on Feb 13, for March 8-10. Then I found I made mistake, then I called the front desk to change the reservation that I need to check out on March 9, not March 10. They said ok we did that.

When I drave 8 hours and arrived here, the front desk said my reservation is from March 9-10. Which means the front desk who talked to me before changed check in date, not check out date. The worst thing is they were totally sold out that night, so I have to find another hotel to stay!

Horrible experience!!!! Stupid front desk!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise W
Raechellee N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

I am so sorry to hear of this error on behalf of our staff. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We continually strive to provide a service and product that are superior in every aspect. It is through the constructive comments of our guest that we are able to correct problems that might not otherwise come to our attention. Please be assured that the appropriate actions will be taken to ensure these remain isolated incidents. Again, we apologize for this mistake on our end.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was my first time ever in Texas, and I staed here for a quick stop as I was driving through. My experience with the front desk staff at check in was so efficient and friendly. The accommodations exceeded my expectations for a quick overnight stay. Housekeeping was excellent in bringing extra towels at the last minute and the bistro cook was also super friendly and made me feel at home.
If I'm ever in Abilene again, hands down I will be staying here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Raechellee N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We always try to go above and beyond for our guests and I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Ever watch the movie Vacancy? I would of rather stayed in that hotel than this one. I was fortunate enough to have a room next to some drunken cowboys. All night I kept hearing yelling, clapping, and even moaning. When I attempted to call the alleged 24 hour front desk to complain know one picked up. To make matters worse in the morning When I received my check out receipt under my door I noticed that I had numerous in explained food charges. When I went downstairs to dispute these charges I must of waited at the counter for over five minutes. The clerk was working at the bistro area, and had to run to the counter to help me. Subsequently, if someone wanted service at the bistro she would run to the bistro counter. How bizarre and tacky. After wasting my time for over ten minutes on trying to figure out how the charges were applied to my room, she finally gave up. She had to wait for her very tardy manager to come to work. After a few hours I received a phone call from her manager and she agreed to remove the charges, but didn't even apologize for the inconvenience, or worse yet what if I left without double checking. With there obtuse attitude it would of been really difficult to reverse the charges. This is a typical business in the one-horse town that has been ripping off the military for years. Pour service, extremely high prices, and rude attitudes. Despite being a gold member I will never stay here again. I will choose the Holiday Inn over this hotel. Very disappointing for the Marriott Brand. Pathetic!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TopekaTony
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

We are so sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. We greatly appreciate your survey. We continually strive to provide a service that is superior in every respect, and it is through the constructive comments of our customers that we are able to correct problems that might otherwise come to our attention. Please be assured that the appropriate corrections are made to ensure this remains an isolated occurrence. Again, we apologize for your inconveniences.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A co-worker and I stayed overnight at this CY. Bed was comfortable, TV was new/sharp picture. Breakfast area has a Starbucks feel to it and food was good. Only minor drawback is elevator is very small.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you so much for rating out hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. Hopefully you travel to Abilene often with your business and we can continue to serve you. Thank you, again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is exactly what you would expect from the Marriot brand. It is a nice, clean, modern hotel with all the amenities. I stayed in a double room, and the beds were very comfortable. It was also very quiet.

There is a little bar as well as the customary Market for any items you may need during your stay.

The hotel is located across from the mall and near plenty of restaurants including walking distance to a Mexican place, Popeyes, and Buffalo Wild WIngs.

Well worth the money!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SCTREV

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to you see you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Quick trip to Abilene for a basketball tournament, and chose this Courtyard for a rewards stay. I am a big fan of CY and this one did not disappoint. Very clean, furnishings were up-to-date, and the staff was great. I had to make a few adjustments to my reservation at check-in, it was done quickly without a problem. The hotel is located across from the local mall, and numerous restaurants are in the immediate area to choose from. No problems here, great job Abilene CY.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for your review on our property! We are happy that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Quiet, just what we needed., they recommended lyles steak house which was awesome.. Found happiness at hotel happy hour, thanks Danielle ( give her a raise!!) she is an asset. Crystal at front desk was a great ambassador to the Abilene area ..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our staff and the great service they provide to our guests! Thanks for staying with us, hopefully we will see you again if the opportunity arises!