“great staff!”

Hampton Inn Abilene
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This Hamtom Inn is comfortable and located in a great area with lots of eateries and shopping in easy access. This is not the newest of hotels, but the service and quality make up for any of the older features. The breakfast is a huge winner - I just love that they serve homemade oatmeal. It makes it feel so much more like home ... but I don't have to cook!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Kathy D,
Thank you for taking the time to give a great review of my Hampton Inn. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast, and the homemade oatmeal reminded you of home! The staff and I look forward to your next visit!

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a solid property with a great staff. The property is dated although the staff keeps it in good shape. They are now in the midst of remodeling. But it was time and they have finally pulled the trigger, doing one floor at a time and only working during the day when most folks are not there. I know because the work crew was leaving when i arrived at 4:30 in the afternoon. If you did not see the equipment around back you would not know they were in process. I expect that will change as they get closer to the lobby and entrance but it will be worth it.
I have stayed here several times and always go back. It is in the middle of most restaurants and shopping in the Abilene area. Only a couple blocks from the mall but close to any shopping necessary if you forgot something while packing. National restaurant chains abound within a quarter mile. The staff is always very accommodating and the breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mark T,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to my Hampton Inn, even in the midst of renovations! I am glad to learn that you were not disturbed by them. The staff and I are very excited about the new changes including the addition of an automatic front door! We love having you here, and look forward to your next visit.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a one night business trip and enjoyed it. While it is undergoing renovations my room was nice and so was the lobby. I didn't notice any renovation work going in so that was nice. Breakfast was good and staff courteous. I recommend staying here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Mike60984,
Thank you for leaving a review of the Hampton Inn Abilene. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that our renovation did not disturb you. We appreciate you recommending us to others, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We are always confident when staying at the Hampton Inn's that the accomodations are clean and in top notch condition. That is why we seek them out whereever we go! We love the pool area and the breakfast has great selections. The front desk is always courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Juan A,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of the Hampton Inn Abilene. We appreciate you taking the time to mention the staff was courteous and helpful! I am glad you enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast buffet with three hot items served daily. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for business. Front desk attendant was friendly and did his job. It looks like the hotel is under some renovations. It is outdated so hopefully it will modern up with the renovations. There was sign up at check-in about the seasonal cricket problem. I think it was more than just crickets though. There were several other dead bugs in my room; but to their credit, they were dead. The hotel is very close to the mall and lots of restaurants. I like the Hampton Inn and Suites on I-20 better, but if you're doing business in Abilene, this one is probably more convenient. Breakfast area is small, and it has everything in your typical Hampon breakfast.

Nothing too bad, nothing really great, so I give it an average rating!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Ja_Brett,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel. I'm happy to hear that my front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Please accept my apology for the bugs. As you mentioned we do get an influx in crickets this time of the year, but we work very hard to make sure it doesn't impact our guests' stays. We hope you will come back and visit us the next time business brings you to the area.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel has everything you would want to make your business trip an enjoyable one! The breakfast is good, the room is clean, and everyone is friendly and helpful on staff. I would definitely come back to stay here anytime i needed to make a business trip to Abilene.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This hotel was very nice and close to shopping and good restaurants. Very easy to get to. Quick check in and nice rooms. Nice continental breakfast. We did not swim in the swimming pool. We were able to check in early and our room was ready. Easy access to our room. Coffee and iced water and fruit were at the entry to the hotel. I would stay here again if I were ever in Abilene.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Sweetietaytee,
Thank you for the review of my Hampton Inn. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, we are only 1 block from the Mall of Abilene and surrounded by restaurants. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you find yourself in Abilene.

Kind thanks,