“Above and beyond”

Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
San Antonio, Texas
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My teenage daughter and I were here for an ACU event. The hotel is older but very clean. The front desk person, Queenie, was very friendly and helpful. Due to a misunderstanding (we left around 11:30 am, and had the "do not disturb" sign on until we left, but we did take it down), the maids missed our room. We had a LOT of wet towels after swimming, so I asked the front desk to please have the maids come back when I arrived back at 3:30 pm. I guess the maids were gone for the day, so the hotel general manager cleaned my room. I think most hotels would have handed me towels and said I was out of luck, but she graciously and thoroughly cleaned it before I knew that was the plan (I would have said not to worry) . To me, that is above and beyond service. And I did learn that one should tell the maids if you are planning to leave your room later than early morning that you do still want housekeeping service.

Also, it is far enough from the highway to be surprisingly quiet...we slept well!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel over the years but haven't been back to Abilene in 2-3 yrs. At that time, the hotel was getting pretty "tired" and in need of some work. Went there May 4-7th simply b/c Abilene has such limited choices (it has NO 4-5 star hotels) . I was pleasantly surprised at the renovations they've performed. The lobby has been remodeled and expanded. The rooms were well taken care of and clean. They serve a hot breakfast now. Overall very well worth the money. I'd definitely stay there again. The staff was excellent as well

• Stayed May 2013
Stamford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My daugher wanted to stay in Abilene for her birthday with a few other friends. I checked the internet and found The Fairfield Inn and Suites. I called and set up our reservations. We popped by a few days before hand and I asked to see the rooms. The fronet desk clerk actually smiled and showed us the room it was very clean, the bathrooms had plenty of towels, soaps, shampoos and a hairdryer, the beds were comfortable and imagine this they had more than enough pillows, I'm not talking those flat poor excuses you sometimes see. On the day of our arrival the front desk personnel, David greeted us with a big smile, welcomed us and told us of all the ammenities available with our stay. Asked if we needed any help with our luggage, let us know about the free breakfast, and times. The breakfast was excellent! Not just cold cereal and stale muffins and bread. The wifi was fast, the pool and hot tub pool felt so good. I was very impressed to see they even had a chair lift for the pool for the handicapped in case they would like to swim, the exercise room was nice also. All the staff was friendly and accomidating. Yes there are fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Also a nice selection of snacks for sale and not in vending machines. There are washers and dryers for guests also. We had such a pleasant stay we booked another night. Whether your here here for business or play or just to get away and unwind, this is the place to be. We will now stay no where else but here and will advise all friends, family, or anyone else, of the best kept secret in Abilene.
Tammy H.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My son and I stayed one night March 14 for one night and it was a pleasant stay. We we traveling home from Fort Worth and needed a place to stay on short notice when both of us got sick on the way home. I made the reservation on the Marriott mobile app and arrived a short time later.

Check in was quick although the front desk clerk clearly needed some help. She was talking to someone on the phone who was trying to make a reservation while guests were standing in front of her. She did the best she could but she really needed some help. She recognized by Reward status and welcomed me back since I had stayed there once before last summer. We were given a room on the second floor.

The room was very clean and everything was in working order. There was a microwave, coffee pot and fridge in the room. Good selection of cable channels, wi fi worked great in my room and the bathroom was very clean. Water pressure was a little low in my room but not a deal breaker. Bed linens were very clean, no spots or stains. Overall, the room was great and comfortable and the AC worked great as well. Kept the room nice and cool and it never turned off.

Breakfast was good but the area seemed a little overwhelmed since it was the week of spring break. The attendant did the best she could in replenishing but she simply good not keep up with demand. However, she did do an excellent job in cleaning up the area and bringing guests whatever they needed. She was even pleasant about it too. I would like to see more fresh fruit options and an extra waffle maker during peak times would help too. Overall, good breakfast. No complaints.

There is a Target within walking distance and the the mall is about 2 min away by car. There are several fast food places with in walking distance and if you go down the service road to the next major intersection, you will find a lot of eating places within a few min of the hotel.

What makes this hotel great is the employees. They are friendly and helpful and go out of there way to help a guest. There were renovations going on the last time I stayed here and the hotel looks to be in better shape than last summer.

There is an indoor pool as well which always seems to be in use. Clean but small but atleast its indoors.

This will be my go to place whenever I need a place in Abilene. Close to shopping and eating and easy access to various highways/freeways. Will def stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Central Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Got a great price through Priceline and wasn't disappointed. Hotel was very clean, front desk clerk was helpful, breakfast was better than average and beds were comfy. Would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Emory, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We were very impressed with the concern for guests and attention to detail here! We stay here fairly often and will continue to do so! Everything is clean and beautiful, the breakfast is amazing and always hot, fresh and plentiful! Every employee makes it a point to be friendly and attentive. The happy, friendly and positive attitude of the employees is contagious, and readily spreads to the guests making the overall experience a great one!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel, it was the last night of our road trip before getting home. The location was convenient, very close to the freeway, no problem finding it with our car GPS. Close to several restaurants, so we dropped our bags and went to dinner next door.

The hotel seems to have been recently renovated, everything looked fairly new and following the same colorful decor we have seen in other Fairfield Inns in the last year. Rooms were spacious (we stayed in a room that had 2 beds with the kids and the grandparents in the room next door with a king bed) and clean. Both rooms were a good size, we weren't tight even with lots of bags and stuff we had. Bathroom was also roomy. Decent beds, we slept well. We didn't have the heat or AC on, it was early spring and the temperature was pleasant. They have a microwave and mini fridge in the room, but we didn't use them.

Breakfast was pretty standard, bagels, muffins, waffles, cereal, eggs and sausage, juices, coffee, milk and yogurt, all OK. I didn't use the wi-fi. They have an indoor pool, laundry room (coins) and fitness room but we didn't use any of those. Free parking. As with other Fairfield Inns we have stayed in the past, a good choice of hotel on the road.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family