“Relaxing stay”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Dallas, Texas
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Fairfield. The front desk staff was very kind and attentive. My room was on the fourth floor at the end of the hall...very private. I didn't leave my room until afternoon so I left a note to housekeeping thanking them for the privacy. Aimee wrote me a note to say I was most welcome and to let her know if I needed anything else. That's fantastic service to me! I mentioned that a chair in my room had something strange on it and they had someone clean it immediately! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the hotel is a little older and not easy to get to. But the staff, the room, and the breakfast made my visit very pleasant.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor at the end of the hall. Very private!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
USA
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I have traveled Monday thru Friday every week of the year since 2010 so you can imagine my experience in different hotels and here is my experience at this much needed to improve facility.

First let me tell you the pros
PROS:

- Plenty of parking space
- comfortable beds and clean restrooms
- acceptable breakfast
- 24 hrs front desk help
- good doing your wake up calls

Let me tell you my CONS and bad experiences with this facility

First of all, being a brand god fathered by Marriott you will expect more but this time was a disappointment

- Upon my arrival they have me my room and the beds in the room looked like someone just made love there plus 2 wet towels hanging , one from a chair and another one from the flat screen tv, of course I immediately called the front desk and they said they were going to upgrade me which they just moved me to another room ( supposedly upgrade ) and have me a bottle of water for the inconvenience which for starters SHOULD NOT happen, it is unacceptable for the marriott brands.
- the week's weather was terrible and I requested a windows scraper to remove the ice from my car, usually the staff helps you do it or gives you the tools to do it, I received a broken cd and they just told me " here, go do it yourself" oh god what an excellent customer service.
- I travel Monday thru Friday so I bring my own food and snacks but this time I forgot my sodas so I bought one from the front desk which cost me 2 bucks just like if I was in Vegas haha and the sad thing was that I drank a quarter of it and left it on top of my fridge with all my snacks and food and the cleaning lady threw my soda to the trash, I advised the manager that someone threw the soda I intended to drink that afternoon cause I was not gonna pay another 2 bucks and her response was " oh well, next time put your soda inside the fridge" no apologies no replacement just like if nothing happened , again bad, bad customer service. Careless attitude.
- Rip off if you try to buy things from the little store at front desk, the sodas are 2 bucks and the SMALL CHOCOLATES 2.25 each when at Walmart are .79 cents, when I asked why so expensive the response was" oh well that's is how we make our money honey" sounded like they do not need my business so last time at this hotel.

Please DO NOT WASTE your money staying at facilities that don't care to improve , fortunately in the USA we have many other hotels that are improving daily and are eager to get our business.
Hope my feedback helps future travelers.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bryanmantezoni
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Bryanmantezoni,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about the level of service you received while you were our guest. It is our mission to impress our guests, and it sounds like we really let you down. I have already addressed this behavior with my staff and can assure you it won't happen again. Please allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service I know we are capable of on your next trip to Abilene.

Good Thunder, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived late around 10pm. There was a cheerleading convention in town. Teenagers were hanging out in the lobby. The front desk clerk was polite. Our room was clean but small. Unfortunately we had to book a one bed room because all rooms in town were booked. But even for a one bed it was small. It was furnished nicely with a few small repairs needed. Tub needed to be resealed. There were teenagers up and down the halls all night. Doors slamming kept me up until 3am. The hotel staff was walking up and down the halls telling the inadequately supervised teens to stay in their rooms. Breakfast was ok. Average continental style. Pool was closed on second day for repairs. Two of the 3 machines in the workout room were broke. The cheerleaders checked out but were replaced with younger boys football teams. When the pool opened late that night we tried to go swimming. There were 16 boys in the pool and only 4 parents. They were extremely roudy loud and bossy to other children. Two small families like mine were trying to swim but were bombarded by these kids. The pool area is extremely small. The pool is 4 ft deep and little. After 10 m of constant screaming of these boys, four times they told my kids what to do and where they could swim, splashed my children constantly, jumped into the pool on top of my kids and I opened the pool door five times because the kids were running all over without parents or key cards. I didnt appreciate it all all. There were no pool towels at all. The ac/heat didnt work well in our room. It was hot or cold in our room at all times. Good thing it was nice out and we could open our windows. The cleaning staff was friendly and the front desk staff was nice but obviously overwhelmed. The hotel is very hard to get to. It is not directly on the road but behind buildings. You have to go through a parking lot for a hotel, a mall, or store to get to it from any direction. The parking lot is cramped and over flowing. The second night middle school kids ran around all night. I will not be back. I understand that guests cant be helped and the staff was great but it was a nightmare. I couldnt wait to get a room at a different hotel a few blocks away for our third night. And that hotel was $20 more but SO much better. I will stay at the Elegante from now on.

• Stayed January 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Tandbivi,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I want to apologize to you for the negative experience you had at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us, and I'm very sorry that we were unable to offer you a comfortable stay. I hope that if you should find yourself back in the area, that you might allow us another opportunity to impress you.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I attempted to stay here for one night while traveling during the Christmas holiday. Our stay was cut short when my wife was bitten by bed bugs about midnight. When we turned on the lights, we found about a dozen of them. We asked for a refund and immediately switched hotels.

Had the bed bug incident not occurred, I think we would have been pleased with the hotel. The room was fine and appeared clean. The lady at the front desk was very quick to respond to our issue. She came up to the room. She had another room ready for us. And she gave us no problems when we asked for a refund. So if this is an isolated incident, then this could be a good hotel. FWIW our room number was 414.

• Stayed December 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Tss55,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had at my hotel. I can assure you guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we take hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. I wanted to thank you for letting me know that my staff gave you a full refund and had another room waiting as soon as you notified us. I do hope if you find yourself in the area again, you might offer us another opportunity to make this up to you.

Sincerest apologies,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. We checked in at 1:00am without reservations, but that was no problem. We were in our room within 10 minutes. Breakfast was perfect: scrambled eggs, waffles, fresh juices, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. Better than other Marriott breakfasts that we've had. The room was clean and quiet and comfortable. And we had two bags of chocolate waiting on the beds.

Room Tip: With one ice machine and be elevator, a quiet room is easy to find. As far as views go, this is Abi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Longview, TX
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Our mixed doubles tennis team stayed here while in Abilene for a USTA tournament. We were very impressed with the staff. They were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. It is not a fancy place but the prices were good and the beds were very comfortable. It is a little difficult to find but it seemed everything was in Abilene!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was like an oasis in the desert. The hotel was clean, neat, quiet, and the staff was extremely personable and helpful. A very pleasant overnight stop on a long trip. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple