“Where did Hospitality & Manners Go”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Where did Hospitality & Manners Go”
Reviewed 4 October 2003

I stayed at the Comfort Suites, seemed to be a fairly new property. Walked in and was nice, went on to the Front Desk and the person behind the desk was continuing to talk to their friend or family, really not paying any attention to the fact that I was standing there. When they finally got off the phone, I was asked "need a room". No manners whatsoever, no greeting, no Thank You's. I just can't believe the way these Hotel employees are trained these days, I really don't think they do any training anymore. The rest of my stay was a diaster, between the noise and the stale breakfast and the continued Rudeness from the Front Desk staff, I will not stop here again. Enough is enough, but it is sad that a nice property like this can not be managed more professionally.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
comfortsuitesabilene, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

2) The front desk staff received additional instruction in the courteous, respectful, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Suites of Abilene. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2003

We checked into this hotel on a Friday afternoon. I had specifacally requested a nonsmoking room and got a smoking room. My son has asthma so this is not a good but I did not want to be a problem guest so I just accepted it. Then out of the 5 lamps in the room only 1 had a working lightbulb. On the last dau of our stay as we were packing our things to check out the General Manager called to our room saying that the room below us (and 3 rooms down) was complaining about our kids running and that it was disturbing her child who was trying to sleep. Granted it was 10:30 in the morning and this is not a time when I would expect someone to complain of the noise level. But what made me mad about this whole situation was that my kids were laying down on 2 separate beds watching cartoons while my husband and I packed up our things. They weren't even running and the person complaining was 3 doors down so even if they had been it should not have affected her. The general manager then proceeded to call my place of employment to say that I was being an unruly guest and they need to explain to the employees that are travelling how to behave when they go somewhere. My employer couldn't believe how ridiculous this was!! My husband then went to check out at the front desk while the rest of us waited in the parking lot. He asked her why she had called my job and she then pointed above her and said "Can you hear that running? That is how loud it is that I can hear your kids all the way down here." My kids were in the parking lot strapped in their seatbelts!! She never once apologized to me, my husband or my employer for accusing us of something that was obviously not even done by anyone in my family. i have been in the hotel sales business for 5 years and would never have treated a guest this way. Especially one that I knew worked for hotels and could give my hotel a bad name. I will not be staying in this hotel the next time I return to Abilene whaich happens to be this weekend. I would rather pay trile will receive the respect we deserve.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites of Abilene for your recent stay in our area. I am so glad that you were able to give irrefutable proof that your children were not responsible for the noise reported. I am so sorry that your family was blamed.

1) Management staff was approached about the possibility of having a way to be able to let potential guests know if non-smoking rooms would be able to be reserved.

2) Management staff was instructed to make sure of the source of disturbances before placing blame.

3) Management staff received additional instruction concerning the courteous, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Suites of Abilene. I think you will be greatly pleased.