“Customer Service”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Customer service is oustanding at this hotel. I highly recommend staying here if you are ever in the area. The rooms are very nice and clean. The beds are very comfortable. The service is excellent. I highly recommend stay here if you are ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Friendly staff and clean rooms and great location, we stay in many hotels and this has been the best. Staff were friendly and helpful and actually talk to you and ask questions to make your stay even better. Rooms are big and clean and noise is not a problem. Swimming pool is heated and nice my kids enjoyed it! Overall a great experience and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Friendly staff, clean rooms and lots of resteraunts and the mall close. Overall a pleasant place to spend the night. The parking lot was well lit and there is a whataburger right next door. I checked in went to my room shut the door layed down in a clean bed spent several hours working on my iPad and never heard a sound. Will be here every time I come through town from now on.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jasonmadj
Reviewed 28 February 2013

the rooms are really big and very nice good magment espacially with cassy here she is really nice the breafeast is very good i run traveling sales they where able to get all in rooms i had a great time staying here so if had to choose hotel in abline it would be be a good ideal stay here they have indoor spa and pool to and a weight room

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Our room was OK with no major signs of being dirty like some of these reviews.....we did have a room that overlooked the semi dried up river bed full of garbage & looking at the window we noticed a long ladder that would have reached us on the 3rd floor just left there next to what looked like window glass fallen from adjacent rooms.
There were a lot of children staying last night & they had been in/out of the pool/hot tub area & running around using corridors & the elevator was running water....fairly dangerous & likely to cause an accident.....we reported it to staff on way out to eat.....they thanked us for reporting it....however when we got back it was just the same.....think that the adults in charge of those kids should have been more responsible also......

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WishIWasSailing
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed a week and moved. When it came to billing time the nightly rate was not what was agreed to and they would not make it right. Will be in area 6 month and could not stay where their word was not there. Room heater and air was messed up and did not work right and while pretty, just too many wrongs to make a right night. I gave em time and never saw the manager again after the first time. A week an a half was too much. I left.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2012

THIS SHOULD BE A 0 RATING
Let me start off by saying I am a former employee of a Quality Inn working front desk and breakfast as well as housekeeping at Comfort Inn. I have stayed in a lot of Choice Hotels properties; atleast 2 every month for last 3 years.
The Comfort Suites, 3165 S. Danville Dr, Abilene, Tx was the worst experience of my life! It does not even deserve CH backing, it needs to be dropped because It was no better than my town’s local “crack head hotel”. I paid friends and family rate and still believe it was way too much for the horrifying conditions and treatment that we got at this HELL HOTEL…..f
First, we check in on Dec 3 around 2pm. The person checking in didn’t tell us the room number, only wrote it on key card envelope which is extremely dangerous (if key and envelope had been lossed). When we got there and went to room noticed the pool area was locked up and had sign on it “closed under maintenance”. We got to room and it smelled well enough. As soon as I went into the bathroom to use toilet I noticed the pee stains left on floor in front of toilet so it made me check the toilet seat and such. It clearly had not even been wiped down; dried pee on bottom of seat and spots on inside of bowl. GROSS! I cleaned it myself because I always have a big bottle of antibacterial wipes in my bag. Next pulled the old, dingy shower curtain back and guess what! Shower had not been properly cleaned either as it had water spots and 2 strand of hair all in the bottom of the tub and 1 stuck to the shower wall. I rinsed them down the drain but needless to say none of us had the courage to use it. My mother went to restroom in her slippers and when she walked out I noticed hair on her shoes…then I looked at the bathroom floor better than I did at first. Huge mistake! It had hair all over it and what looked like used toilet paper behind the door! Low and behold there was also a piece of hair in the sink indicating clearly that a person with long hair had previously been in the room. The dirtiness of the bathroom made us check the beds to make sure they actually had clean sheets. Pull back comforters, which stunk horribly, but considering I don’t use them because I know they don’t get washed everyday it wasn’t a big deal. The sheets were just thrown on there under the comforter, not tucked anywhere. Pulling flat sheet back noticed a hair by pillow….it was actually on the pillowcase just hanging off onto the sheet. The pillow was dirty under the case. We brought our own pillows thankfully. The other bed was fine. Sat down on pull out sofa and felt something in crack, looked and it was a wadded up paper ball which made me notice that there were no linens on the mattress. Went down to front desk and got them and also informed desk person of the dirtiness. She informed me that the entire floor was cleaned by same housekeeper and more than likely they were ALL like that. I was in shock! For the desk person to openly admit that HK isn’t up to par was crazy. She didn’t ask if we wanted to change rooms or anything. Being a housekeeper, I did the cleaning that needed to be done myself to make it stayable for one night. When I pulled out the sofa bed….it was absolutely disgusting. Stains all over it on both sides and in some spots was so worn and thin that I could’ve probably just poked my finger through it. The spring were falling off and missing. The canvase of the platform part was ripped and hanging so the bottom left side of mattress was falling through. I didn’t sleep a wink. But my other travel partners said there bed were comfortable enough. When we checked in told clerk to give us wake up call. It never came. When we called down about the pool noticed the phone was sticky. Clerk said it was being cleaned and would be reopened in an hour. So we went and ate and shopped….Neither leaving nor coming back in were were greeted by desk clerks. When we left we were just stared at and when we came in she didn’t even look up from desk. The hallway carpets on 3rd floor had definitely not been vacuumed recently as there was piles of dirt in corners and on baseboards as well as trash on floor. The sign for maintenance on pool was still up. The lady working 3-11 let us into the pool area; said they keep it locked for safety reasons and to deter having people in it. It was the only nice thing about this place. The ice machine on 3rd floor was out of order tried to use 1st floor but it had no ice but said making ice on. That was about 5pm. There was no ice at 8pm or midnight. In the morning when we were getting ready to leave I tried to stop at ice machine again and still no ice and it said the same thing. I asked a Housekeeper about it and she says “its probably broke like all kinds of stuff around here”. Another housekeeper a black woman with short hair comes out of the laundry room and looks me up and down and with attitude, rudeness, and smart mouthed says “it aint our fault it aint working and it aint my job to fix it; you can go buy some ice at the store” and walks off. I was thoroughly mad at the complete disrespect and lack of manners this woman had. The coffee pot in our room had old dried coffee in it from previous stay. HORRIBLE ROOM AND SERVICE.
As a CH former employee I was looking forward to breakfast because I know CH has the best breakfasts. Boy howdy was I wrong!!! Breakfast area small and cramped; another guest of my party had coffee dripped on her by a man simply trying to turn around from the coffee spout. I don’t even know where to start. Here it goes with breakfast:
1. Oranges-old and wrinkled up
2. Bananas-brown, all of them
3. Juice, apple and orange-not cold at all and left out entire 3 hours only to get poured back into original container for use the next day
4. Milk-tasted sour and the lid had thick layer of old milk on it (which I saw thanks to the attendant opening in front of me)
5. No eggs or meat-and CH breakfasts has scrambled eggs and 1 meat atleast.
6. Biscuits and gravy in the warmer-biscuits hard as rock, couldn’t cut with plastic knife and had to put pressure in it using my pocket knife, gravy was so thick it plopped like dough. Got thrown away.
7. Waffles-batter of both types thin like water, literally. Maker didn’t count so people were either getting raw or burnt waffles-several thrown away. The syrup container handle was sticky.
8. Danishes, muffins, and sliced bread-it is beyond my imagination just how old these were. Danishes were old and flavorless. The muffins were smashed up. And even the sliced bread edges were hard
9. However the only decent thing in there to eat was toast. Which took forever in a half working toaster.
10. A guest in my party got 1 of the 3 yogurts in cooler. IT WAS EXPIRED!!!!!
11. Wanted jelly with my toast, I dug for some strawberry found 2 and a fingertip covered in jelly at the bottom of bowl. Appeared it had never once been cleaned.
12. Never saw breakfast attendant wash her hands not even after picking up food off the floor then turning around and checking things!
13. Even the cereal was stale.

Needless to say all we had edible for breakfast was coffee and toast. We ate at elsewhere and paid for it even though we were told we’d have a hot breakfast at the hotel. Haha.
The breakfast attendant had on faded black pants with stains all over them which would give you the impression they were days old and dirty. Not a very good impression of the pride in the workers. None of the 4 desk clerks offered, asked, or informed us of Choice Privileges. The pleasantries like hello, bye, thanks for staying, sorry it was dirty, yes ma’am, no ma’am or even a thank you was used by none of the employess except the one 3-11 desk clerk; this includes, the 4 housekeepers and 4 desk people we saw. But we did get attitude and negative comments about the hotel from a few!
Absolutely horrible place!! Choice hotels should be ashamed of this property and drop backing! $50 is over paying for this place!!! Everything dirty and not up to expectations of a choice hotel. I have stayed in travelodge and sleep inn that were 4x better than this place. I remember a motel 6 in the ghetto of dallas that was cleaner and better kept than this place! Don’t stay here!

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel...u will regret the stay...but if u do make sure u have socks/slippers, ur...