“Another high quality Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Abilene
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My experience with this brand is consistent quality. The staff are 'Texas' friendly and helpful, the food service is more than one would expect at this level of accomodation. I recommend this Abilene Hilton Garden Inn for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

We are happy to read how much you like the quality of the Hilton Garden Inns and are happy you will be staying with us again here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. Thank you for your review and for your business.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The front desk staff were very accomendating. It has an indoor pool area off the Gym that was very conveinient. The breakfast had both a buffett and menu order. One day we had the buffett and one day ordered off the menu. The food was excellent. The Kurig in the room was a great change from the usual hotel coffee pot. All in all it was a great experience and we will stay there again when visiting family in Abilene.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

We are happy to read you had a great time here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene and that you like the Kurig coffee in your room. Thank you for your nice review and for your business.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel appearance is very nice. However, we were disappointed with the egg omelettes, which were very bland. There is a nice variety of breakfast items other than eggs. This hotel has a problem with their housekeeping staff. We didn't have our toiletries, towels, nor toilet paper replenished. The person working at night admitted that he gets complaints from guests who don't get their rooms cleaned and discover that a "Do Not Disturb" sign has been put on their door, which they did not place there. If this hotel can get their housekeeping problem resolved, I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael M

We’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The staff was friendly but did not understand customer service in any stretch of the imagination.. Both breakfast and dinner service was well below normal standards. We had to ask for most of what should be offered.

The beds WERE NOT the standard Hilton beds we are used to. As we found out the next morning, these beds were "sleep comfort" beds with adjustable settings, however, there were no indications or instructions stating that fact. When brought up to the management the next morning, they just said that somebody should have told us. As it turns out, we tried to adjust the beds after being told this information, but the controls were under the zip-on mattress cover!

The hotel management did nothing to correct the situation. After numerous expressions of dissatisfaction, nothing was done. Apparently the 100% satisfaction guarantee policy is not in effect at this hotel - not that we were looking for that or requested it, but even an apology would have been nice. Instead we were told that ALL Hilton Garden Inn beds have this feature. This was condescending and instead of an apology, we were made to feel it was our fault for not knowing.

This is by far and without a doubt the worst Hilton affiliated hotel I have ever stayed in. If you are used to the typical great service that is expected of Hilton Hotels, you will be very disappointed here.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. We are always listening to our guests!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here on our way home from NM. We needed a wheelchair accessible room because my son had fractured bones in both legs. We got a room with 2 queens that had plenty of room for a wheelchair and the bathroom was nice and big with a roll in shower. The breakfast buffet was a good value at $8 and included made to order omelettes, etc. Great customer service; they were all eager to assist us as needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We hope your son is doing well at this time and were glad to be able to get you the room you needed for the wheelchair. Thank you for all your kind words concerning our staff and our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. We hope to be able to host you again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

For a hotel chain that prides itself on customer service, this one falls well below the mark.

I stayed for one week while on business. I made my reservations by calling the hotel directly and received a discounted rate. I asked the clerk if the room included breakfast and she told me it did. When I arrived and checked in I was told the room did not include breakfast due to receiving a discounted rate. The clerk that checked me in said there was nothing he could do as he answered to three different bosses. The next morning the clerk finally gave us complementary breakfast passes and apologized for the misunderstanding.

When I told the desk clerk I would be staying for several more weeks and would like the complimentary breakfast he told me there was nothing he could do and if I didn't like it I could stay somewhere else and proceeded to talk trash on the other hotels in the area in an effort to get me to remain at the Hilton.

Apparently this treatment was extended to my colleagues as well. With in two weeks the Hilton lost six guests due to poor customer service and the response by a desk clerk, "If you don't like it you can stay somewhere else."

Very poor customer service. Let me be clear had they told me up front about the discounted room rate and charge for breakfast up front I would have had no issues with that. What I find disturbing is the lack of effort in willing to work with their customers.

I will not be staying here and will not be recommending this hotel to business colleagues or friends at anytime in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mcsgt

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

the amenities in this hotel from the rooms to the lobby areas made this a very comfortable hotel to stay in with a large group of family. The comfortable lobby made it easy for groups to hang out and catch up with each other. The only negative we found was that the breakfast staff was unaware of how many large groups were in the hotel and ended up short staffed....but they gave great service despite their difficulties.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad to read we were able to accommodate your large family group in a very comfortable way here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. Thank you for all you kind words in your review and for your business. We hope to be seeing you again in the near future.