“Abilene”

Hilton Garden Inn Abilene
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Other than discovering 25-30 tiny dead black beetles in our room that had been under a chair we moved to make eating a little more convenient, our stay was fantastic! We were so tired when we got arrived (family emergency) that we did not report this small issue. Housekeeping got rid of them the next day and all was well! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!!! They made our stay more enjoyable than "just another night in a hotel."

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

We hope your family emergency turned our ok and are pleased we were able to fix any problems you encountered during your stay. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel and we hope to see you again under happier times.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Abilene

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I made a quick reservation so we could be in town for a funeral. When I arrived they had my reservation wrong and then didn't have any rooms available for us on the night we needed to stay. They did not help or offer to help find a room at another hotel. We got no kind of compensation for their mistake. It was very inconvenient and unpleasant for us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recently had to bo to Abilene for business and stayed in this hotel. The room I was in had two queen beds, television, desk, chair, small ottoman, and aread with microwave, coffee machine and refrigerator.
Now, the PROS about the room, it was very clean,spacious and plenty of outlets for my phone charger and laptop. Breakfast was delicious. You could choose from a hot breakfast, different flavor bagels, toast, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, and juices. It's not free but not expensive either. Well worth the money. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

The CONS, whoever installed the door to the bathroom, didn't think it through. First when you open it, it doesn't stay open because of a spring hindge. I know this probably isn't a big deal to some people but I would have liked it to say open. So I took the Satisfaction Promise Cards they had on the beds, folded it together and make a door-stop. Second, the door opened to the right, right into the door to get into the room. Made it difficult to have the bathroom door open and try to get into the closet or turn on the light.
The beds, well if you like those memory foam beds, then you will love the beds in this hotel. Me personally, I don't. I slept maybe 3 hours, if you want to call it sleeping.

All in all, the Hilton was very pleasant. If it wasn't for the beds, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Breakfast isn't free unless you get a breakfast coupon from the front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a great hotel. The facility is newer and very well maintained, the staff was extremely polite! Rooms are clean and spacious enough. Each day, water and snacks are provided in the afternoons and there's a wide variety of breakfast options for a reasonable price. The bar area is a plus as well. I recommend this location to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for saying so many nice things about our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. Your review and your business are appreciated.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel while my home was being cleaned up after a major sewage back up occurred during a major rain event. Funny thing is that the sewer backed up in the hotel also!! The day before there was no hot water. Although there was remodeling work being performed on the hotel during my stay. It would seem to me that the part of the hotel being worked on would be closed off.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are sorry to read about the sewage problem during the storm that made you stay less the enjoyable. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Abilene was full that week-end, with a number of large events going on. Despite the late reservation, HGI managed to set us up with one of their PUR suites, (necessary for kids with asthma.) The pool and gym were well-kept and the lobby was a very nice touch. The breakfast was excellent, and we found something for our very picky children as well. When we found that we had to extend our stay another night, HGI was able to set us up with another PUR suite the next night. All this is secondary to the level of personal service that we received. We were greeted by -every- staff member that we saw, and always inquired as to whether we needed anything. I have traveled globally for many years and few establishments have shown such a level of training for service as this location. My wife and I were very pleased, and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad our Pur Suite was able to help your family and would like to thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Road trip night out from Fort Worth. While the staff here were very nice & friendly, there was a problem. The hot water had been turned off at 1 pm, and when we checked in about 3, we were not informed. When I went to take a shower, there was no hot water. I called down to desk to ask, and that's when I found out that a plumbing crew was working on it and still had the hot water turned off. It took a while to find out when they expected to have it on. The front desk did call finally and asked us to turn it on and run it to get the hot water flowing to the upper floors. We did get hot showers before going to dinner, but it would have been nice to have gotten a heads-up. I was also disappointed in the room because there was no armchair when the photo on the website showed there was one. Other than that, this is a decent hotel, and clean. Nice workout room. They do charge $8.95 for breakfast, but it is a buffet. Didn't have it, though. Good coffee in-room. This hotel is walking distance to the Abilene Mall, and about a 20-minute drive to Buffalo Gap.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We are sorry there was a problem with the hot water during your stay but are glad it go fixed in time for your evening. I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.