“A great family environment.”

Wingate by Wyndham Abilene
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Abilene
“A great family environment.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We came to Abilene for my son's college orientation. The hotel is close to everything. It was very convenient and the staff were all very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fulshear, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have spent seven nights at this property in two different trips. The hotel is well located. It is clean and the rooms are well furnished.

My problem is the billing. I booked a room at a certain rate and when I came to check out I found that the rate had changed three times during my three night stay. No explanation other than "our rates change." I did book a return trip after being promised a certain rate, when I arrived after a long trip and checked in I looked at the rate and it was 20.00 a night higher than what I was promised. After five or ten minutes of back and forth I was given the rate promised. I ask the clerk to have the manager call me to discuss my frustration. She assured me he would, he did not.

I have little patience for games like that. Will I stay again ? probably not.

It is clean, it is quiet and it is well located, but I won't stay where I can't trust the billing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fbhfour
Abilene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rooms were clean staff was very nice. We stayed there for a wedding and decorating took longer than we thought. So we were running late to finish getting dressed. They were nice to give us an extra hour to check out. Wow that really was a help for us girls.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Smithville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I will point out the good things and the really bad things about this hotel. Good - room stayed cool and beds were comfortable. Bad - the TV would be on and all of a sudden it would turn off during a show (reported to front desk) and this problem happened more than once. Our room was not the only one that had this problem as I heard other people complain and they asked to be moved. Really bad - I left my makeup/jewerly bag behind when we checked out, I had to contact the hotel and it took several calls before I could get someone to look for it in the Lost and Found. The bag was missing two of my rings and 3 pairs of earrings.

1 Thank sherry c