“Extremely nice hotel & amenities.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Abilene

Wingate by Wyndham Abilene
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Joshua
“Extremely nice hotel & amenities.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

We booked the Wingate at a lower rate than advertised because they do accept government rates. The gov rate makes this hotel cheaper than the Hilton, Comfort Suite & Holiday Inn. After comparing the other hotels online the Wingate is a no-brainer. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are very large. The bedding & mattresses is premium quality. The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant. The breakfast was better than expected. I have no complaints at all of this hotel. I am very picky when it comes to hotels & this hotel exceeds all my expectations. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Los Alamos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

This hotel is beautiful and most comfortable. It is very convenient to the mall and restaurants. The service was excellent and we were most comfortable. The hotel was quiet, with a spacious lobby area providing both hot and cold breakfast options.
The room was beautifully decorated with more than ample chairs and lamps. The bedding was luxurious. It proved to be an excellent choice for touring a local college. We were greeted well and felt very safe. This hotel was extremely clean and very new!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Yorktown, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2009

The staff at this hotel are extremely nice. The beds are so comfortable.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2009

It's not often you find a hotel of this caliber in west Texas, but Wyndam certainly broke the mold when designing and employing the Wingate in Abilene. Walking in, I was sincerely greeted by the front desk and my nose was greeted with the scent of waffles baking in the breakfast area. The next morning, I was able to enjoy some of those waffles and then run some of them off in the fitness center. And on the second night when my laptop died and I realized I forgot my charger, I was able to go downstairs to the business center and finishing sending out my e-mails, which was both convenient and lifesaving. The beds are heavenly, the service is unparalleled, and the outstanding amenities put Wingate by Wyndam over the top. Couldn't have asked for a better stay or staff!

• Liked — The elegance of the hotel as well as the helpful/knowledgeable staff
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2008

Can not say enough good about this hotel. It will definitely be our hotel of choice when we return to Abilene. With family in the area that is at least once a year. The front desk staff was extremely polite, courteous and helpful. We needed an adjoining room and they found a perfect match - our room had a king size bed and my mom's was handicapped accessible. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Hotel has only been opened about 3 months. We stay at 5 star hotels frequently and this rated right up there with a 5 star hotel. The large king bed with poster headboard, duvets and silky cover was so comfy. Our room had a sofa and mom's room had a great sitting chair with ottoman. It was very classy and the price was way below the value we received. Both rooms together cost us less than 200.00 for the night. First class accomodations to be sure. Breakfast buffet is always a nice plus. Coffee, juice and all the typical offerings. Bagels and other bread items were extremely fresh. I'm super picky about my fruit and it was excellent. When checking out the front desk staff was good to tell of other rooms that were available for future stays - I guess they have a large king suite with almost 900 sq. ft. We will definitely be back. Oh, one more thing. My husband went out to get me a coke and the machine took his money. The front desk promptly refunded his money and showed him the concession area (for lack of a better word) with cokes, snacks, etc. at very reasonable prices. We will definitely be back.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Keller, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2008

We spent one night at this hotel. We had a wonderful stay. We have stayed in several hotels and we thought that for the price, this was our best stay ever! The place was spotless. Our room looked as if it had never been stayed in before. It was the quietest hotel that we have ever stayed at. The beds were wonderful. We had a nice complimentary breakfast. I tried to book online but it was sold out so I called the hotel directly and they had a room. Everything was very updated and decorated beautifully. We ate at the Texas Roadhouse across the hwy and the food was excellent. There are lots of other restraunts around the hotel. We will never stay anywhere else in Abilene when we visit there again. I wished we could have stayed longer!

• Liked — New and Clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple