“Kudos to Marriott”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Pleasantly surprised by this well appointed and friendly Residence Inn. Welcoming front desk staff, clean and cared for main rooms. Comfy rooms, free wifi, and all in all a good showing for this standard. Would be happy to stay again. The suite style rooms are great.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank NewPoster

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I travel the great state of Texas for my job. I stay at the Residence Inn whenever I can. This Abilene location is the best of the best hotel chain. Staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The complimentary food is indeed a meal. I often mistakenly refer to the Residence Inn as home. Indeed it functions as my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Janiam33
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for allowing the Residence Inn to be your "Home Away From Home" when traveling to Abilene. And thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to express your opinion about your recent stay with us. This allows our future guests to know what to expect when selecting our beautiful property. We look forward to having you home again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at a very wonderful warm hotel environment that made me feel at home. During my 3 month stay all the staff was especially helpful and treated me like a family member. There was nothing I did not ask for that was not granted. Even when I became ill with a summer cold, Mr. Johnny, Tony and other staff made sure I was comfortable. Ms. Deborah is a sweet lady that prepared the evening meals. She took special care to assure that she made a separate dish for me and others that does not eat pork products. Ms. Teresa prepared breakfast was also attended to my needs. Ms. Cathy, housekeeper supervisor was very pleasant, and assured my needs were met expediously. I am especially thankful to the entire staff, Tony, Venny, Priscilla, all front desk staff, and operations manager. You have a great southern/country recipe for hospitality that made me feel right at home.

May the Lord bless each of you individually and collectively. Constance D.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ConstanceD405
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Most expensive horrible hotel, bed was very uncomfortable and to make things worst woke up to find a cricket in the room, took a picture of the cricket and show it to person at front desk all she said "I'm sorry" will never stay there again

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank tremmor
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

We apologize for your problem with a cricket during your recent visit to our Residence Inn. Please know we take pride in our 'home away from home" atmosphere for ALL of our guests. We have regularly scheduled professional pest control treatments at our property and do our best to keep all pests on the outside where they belong. As you can read by the past years' comments, this is not a typical situation. We invite you back for another stay and to give us another chance to win your confidence in our above the top services and accommodations.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We are driving across the country from San Diego to Virginia Beach. We stayed for one night at the Residence Inn Marriott Abilene and could not have been more pleased. We were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk named Johnny. He was very friendly and gave us a great deal on a king suite at a military rate. We checked in around dinner time and he informed us about the free dinner (included with the room). We didn't eat, but what a great deal! Our suite had a full kitchen and was very clean. Bed was super comfy, nice gym, great full, hot breakfast. All of the staff are so friendly and helpful. Johnny called to our room shortly after we checked in to see if we liked our room. We loved it! We also wanted a good Texas steak for dinner and he recommended a great, close restaurant. I highly recommend this hotel (just off I-20) if you are staying in Abilene!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank VirginiaBeachMom2
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience while you were our guest at Residence Inn Abilene! I know it takes time out of your busy schedule to write about your visit and that is very much appreciated! We take pride in pleasing our guests and always want them to return next time in Abilene. Your great comments will also show our future guests what to expect when staying. Thank you so much again for everything and we want to have you back real soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I had originally booked at another hotel and had read bad reviews online so I switched to this hotel. So happy with my choice! Every staff member I came in contact with was extremely friendly and polite. The rooms are nice and the bedroom is separated from the living space. 2 flat screen tvs with a variety of channels. Nice little details down to a jar of candy. Free breakfast buffet and evening social that I did not participate in. The only problems I had were the elevator smelled like a wet dog the whole time, my door was knocked on twice by housekeepers who had thought I had checked out already (they immediately apologized and left. Were very nice as well), and the night audit lady was not as friendly as the other staff members. She was polite but not up to the standard of the rest of the staff. Special thanks to Alice who was absolutely wonderful!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank maec1
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

We are so glad to have you as our guest and want to thank you for taking the time to let others know about your recent stay. Our ultimate goal is your happiness while visiting the Residence Inn Abilene. We hope to have you back again real soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed in a very nice suite. This hotel is new and well maintained. The breakfast has great variety and is fresh. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DannyG3523
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing with everyone your experience as our guest at the Residence Inn Abilene. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and look forward to your return as our guest soon.