“Good, clean hotel”

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Tucson
“Good, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was on my way to the East Coast for a new position and stayed here for only 1 night. I felt the hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. I really only stayed here for 8 hours, and I booked it based on the TA reviews (at the time it was the highest rated). I've stayed in much nicer hotels for the price, but it was nice for the short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thanks so much for choosing Residence Inn. I hope you can stay with us again in the future. We appreciate you being a loyal Marriott guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Little Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had used the hotel earlier this year and this past December and January we returned with the entire family and had two rooms. Once again the staff was fabulous and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad you returned to Residence Inn-Abilene. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope to see you back soon.
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Rates are good - especially for us seniors because if you get a free hot meal on weekdays in the evening and the best hot breakfast we've ever had every day of the week; that makes this a better bargain than even the motels that leave the light on for you! When we came we saw the ratings were 4.8 out of 5. It should be 5 out of 5! We live locally, had a fire in our home and these folks have treated us extra great! As for the existing comment below about snapping staff, I at first got someone not so friendly and couldn't believe it. When I got here I asked about that and was told that sometimes the local phone rolls over to a booking agent in some other state and they have no control over it. The people who answer there have no idea about the hot food, etc and they are not friendly. I think that needs to be changed so that roll-over never happens but I would recommend that you keep calling until you get someone local and you'll never have a complaint about snappy people! They are here to serve and I mean above average!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing comments about Residence Inn. It truly makes us feel good to serve our guest and make sure your stay is above and beyond your expectations. Thank you again and I am very sorry for the reason you are having to stay with us but I'm glad you are here. We will leave the light and smiles on for you...
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We have family in Abilene and we consistently are looking for a "go to" hotel to stay when we visit. We found it at the Residence Inn! Absolutely no complaints! Stayed in room 422 - a king studio in the back of the hotel. Extremely quiet. Room was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities one would want. Bed was comfortable and pillows great! Check in was pleasant. Breakfast was one of the best I have seen. It was December - so we didn't use the pool or outside common areas - but those were super nice. BBQ Grill and outside basketball court along with the pool, waterfall and great outside seating areas. Lobby was inviting and clean as well. We only stayed one night - but this would be a great long team place to stay - with meals each evening - they will even do grocery shopping for you during the day if needed.

We are excited to have found "our" place when visiting family in Abilene! We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: We were in room 422 and couldn't have asked for a more quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you so much for all the wonderful compliments, we appreciate your business. I am so glad that you have chosen Residence Inn to stay while you are in Abilene. I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas and I hope you have a safe New Year!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I saw that this hotel had great reviews and was considered one of the best in Abilene TX. Being from Abilene and knowing many of the hotels in the area, I was skeptical about my experience. For Abilene, I must say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. If you are ok with the location, I would highly recommend. The rooms are clean and large. I had my 18 month old son and we had plenty of space for his pack and play. The room came with a stove top and large refrigerator which came in helpful when storing things Iike milk. The towels were soft and the bed was comfy. The hotel served a hot breakfast and the food was great and the breakfast bar had many options, including healthy ones. Hotel staff was nice and helpful. The lobby was spacious and inviting. They had a "social hour" that had complementary drinks. I would stay again. Worth the $100 a night.

Stayed December 2013
Raechellee N, Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy that we could provide the accommodations that you needed to be comfortable. We hope to see you again in the future!
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently cancelled my wedding block with Residence Inn Marriott Abilene. It is a beautiful hotel but every time I would call in the staff was unhelpful and rude. Everyone on the sales staff was either lethargic or snarky. I asked for the total price for 3 days, and the sales lady snapped at me: "That is the agreed upon price!" I really just wanted to know the total without having to locate my calculator. It seemed as though she thought I was accusing her of increasing the rates. Strange. Others were just generally dismissive and unwilling to communicate with me. I would be put on hold for 5-10 minutes every time and then would be disconnected (every time). I ended up moving the block to another hotel because it was just too much of a hassle. If it was impossible for the bride and groom to get good service I can't imagine how it would have been for our guests!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kate F
I apologize for the troubles that you experienced. I promise this is not the way we treat our guest. I'm not sure what happened or who you talk to but again I apologize and truly wish you a wonderful wedding!
Golden CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is really the best hotel in Abilene, especially if ou are working there for several days or weeks.
Staff is very helpful, and genuinely cares about your stay... I have stayed there a few times now, and can't imagine staying anywhere else...... and I am Holiday Inn Elite with a HXE just up the street....
I was driving in on Sunday PM and wanted to watch the Broncos game. i called ahead to see if it was on the local TV.... no such luck . BUT they found a Chile's down the street with it on, and I found 5 other Bronco's fans there to enjoy the game with........

Room Tip: i stay on the first floor near the lobby whihc will save you a ton of time, and is still quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I am so glad you are staying at Residence Inn. We appreciate your choosing Marriott and GO BRONCOS!