“David was great!”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a terrible experience at the Super 8 across the highway and checked out early. It is graduation weekend here in Abilene and every hotel is near capacity. David helped me get a fair rate (for such high occupancy). He is extremely gracious and really treats the guest as if he is hosting you in his place. The rest of the staff makes sure to say hello and smile as you're walking through the property and all of the common areas are clean and attractive. The room is great. If I'm every back in Abilene, I'm staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I'm glad that you will be staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in Abilene for a major annual event the third weekend of April and make my reservation way in advance. Unfortunately the event weekend changed and when I showed up the desk clerk couldn't 't find my reservation. The marketing mgr., Summer, found the problem (wrong date) and kindly found us another hotel on a very booked weekend. We were charged for the booking error. I just wanted to discuss this with the manager. Just discuss. She couldn't manage to make that call. Thumbs up Summer, thumbs down, mgr.

• Stayed: April 2014
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I apologize for the trouble you had with the date confusion. I was not aware that you had ask to visit with me. I would be happy to discuss any concerns that you might have with charges or reservations. Please feel free to call me, I am in office M-F.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here on 4-26-14 after a horrible stay at a horrible motel the night before. From the moment we entered the facility until the moment we departed, our experience was fantastic! The room was immaculate, the facility in general was very neat and well kept, the breakfast was great and the service was even better. I must say that it was hard to find fault with this place. A special thanks to David in reception for his kind mannerism and for helping out with a special need. I am a regular Tripadvisor member and have been sent two Tripadvisor pins to give to someone who gave outstanding service. Forgot to bring them on this trip but am sending one in the mail today to be recieved by David at the front desk.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in a suite. Very quiet and a much needed good night sleep was accomplishe...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ferret50
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

than you so much for your wonderful review of Residence Inn in Abilene. We work very hard to make sure our guest are comfortable and in a relaxing environment. I will definitely recognize David for his outstanding service! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I work in the customer service industry and believe that a first impression is everything. You have far exceeded this expectation with David at the front desk. We stayed one night but I had several interactions with him and felt as though he was like a friend, he even called me by name. He helped me with a situation with my mother and showed true concern for how I was feeling. He deserves a bonus for the way he runs that front desk. Yes the entire hotel exceeded my expecations but it was David that made my stay! My boyfriend and I will be sending him a trip advisor excellent service pin (we didn't have it with us) I hope he wears it proudly!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sheilaNscott
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

thank you so much for the wonderful comments concerning Residence Inn's customer service, especially David! He is outstanding at service and caring for our guest. Thank you again and we apprciate you staying with Marriott.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Beautiful room. Large size refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker. Rooms were like a mini suite. Clean rooms, spacious. Friendly staff. Free breakfast in the morning. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you so much for staying at Residence Inn in Abilene. Also thank you so much for the great compliments about the hotel.
We look forward to you staying with us in the near future!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have to say, this really is one of the nicest run hotels in the Marriott Group I've had the pleasure to stay at. I've stayed three times, and each time has been wonderful. Whoever does the cooking for breakfast and dinner does a fantastic job spicing it all up…with what they are given by Marriott. They create their own recipes, too! I once had an amazing stir fly for dinner with sausage, green peppers, onions, and even sliced apple. Very friendly and clean. The towels smell clean and are fluffy. As a Platinum, they give me points as a bonus PLUS let me take something out of the market to enjoy…and they mean ANYTHING. Ice cream included, not just a soda. Bravo to the staff and Management. I will stay anytime I'm in Abilene.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank telleroftruth
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you first for being a loyal Marriott member. I know as a Platinum you spend a of time in hotels, so to hear such great comments about Residence Inn-Abilene makes me very proud and validates that we have great service to our guest. Thank you so much for chosing Marriott and especially for staying with us at Residence Inn.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great hotel with a great staff! We were not sure where to stay in the area and booked this hotel because of the extremely professional and pleasant David Bond who we spoke with on the phone. The hotel is brand new, beautiful rooms and lobby, super beds and everything you could need in a room. We highly recommend staying here.

The Cochrans

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott in Abilene, Texas. We appreciate your wonderful comments. We strive to make our guest feel comfortable. We want you to feel like this is home away from home! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.