“Pleasant and comfortable stay”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Midland, Texas
“Pleasant and comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed one night over the weekend. On my arrival and check in the front desk person was friendly and welcoming. My room was very comfortable and spacious. I had a good nights sleep as the mattress was comfortable. I did not eat the breakfast but looked good. I used the exercise room and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the equipment, etc
I would stay here again. The pool looked fun and there were many people enjoying the hot weather and sunny skies.

• Stayed May 2014
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Residence Inn-Abilene. We appreciate your great review and look forward to seeing you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Super clean, super nice people work here. Great set up and breakfast, dinner included with room. Wi-Fi works great and is reliable. Real hair dryer included in each room! Good selection of TV channels as well. Full size fridge, microwave and stove top so the weary biz traveller can eat in v eat out. Beds are comfy too

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and thank you or chosing Marriott! We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel never disappoints. Our son attended college in Abilene - so, we have been traveling to Abilene regularly for 4 years. Once we found this hotel - it was always our first choice. We even booked our rooms for graduation a year in advance just to stay here. Rooms are clean and quiet. Staff are all friendly and accommodating. Food at the complimentary breakfast is always good - and so is the complimentary dinner (weekdays). Beautiful pool - all common areas are clean and well maintained. Location is great - on I-20 access road - close to several of Abilene's many college campuses - and to a Walmart and a Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen W
Thank you so much for the great compliments. Congragulations on your recent grad! Hope you will come back and visit in the future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a terrible experience at the Super 8 across the highway and checked out early. It is graduation weekend here in Abilene and every hotel is near capacity. David helped me get a fair rate (for such high occupancy). He is extremely gracious and really treats the guest as if he is hosting you in his place. The rest of the staff makes sure to say hello and smile as you're walking through the property and all of the common areas are clean and attractive. The room is great. If I'm every back in Abilene, I'm staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I'm glad that you will be staying with us in the future.
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in Abilene for a major annual event the third weekend of April and make my reservation way in advance. Unfortunately the event weekend changed and when I showed up the desk clerk couldn't 't find my reservation. The marketing mgr., Summer, found the problem (wrong date) and kindly found us another hotel on a very booked weekend. We were charged for the booking error. I just wanted to discuss this with the manager. Just discuss. She couldn't manage to make that call. Thumbs up Summer, thumbs down, mgr.

• Stayed April 2014
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I apologize for the trouble you had with the date confusion. I was not aware that you had ask to visit with me. I would be happy to discuss any concerns that you might have with charges or reservations. Please feel free to call me, I am in office M-F.
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here on 4-26-14 after a horrible stay at a horrible motel the night before. From the moment we entered the facility until the moment we departed, our experience was fantastic! The room was immaculate, the facility in general was very neat and well kept, the breakfast was great and the service was even better. I must say that it was hard to find fault with this place. A special thanks to David in reception for his kind mannerism and for helping out with a special need. I am a regular Tripadvisor member and have been sent two Tripadvisor pins to give to someone who gave outstanding service. Forgot to bring them on this trip but am sending one in the mail today to be recieved by David at the front desk.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in a suite. Very quiet and a much needed good night sleep was accomplishe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ferret50
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
than you so much for your wonderful review of Residence Inn in Abilene. We work very hard to make sure our guest are comfortable and in a relaxing environment. I will definitely recognize David for his outstanding service! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I work in the customer service industry and believe that a first impression is everything. You have far exceeded this expectation with David at the front desk. We stayed one night but I had several interactions with him and felt as though he was like a friend, he even called me by name. He helped me with a situation with my mother and showed true concern for how I was feeling. He deserves a bonus for the way he runs that front desk. Yes the entire hotel exceeded my expecations but it was David that made my stay! My boyfriend and I will be sending him a trip advisor excellent service pin (we didn't have it with us) I hope he wears it proudly!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank sheilaNscott
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
thank you so much for the wonderful comments concerning Residence Inn's customer service, especially David! He is outstanding at service and caring for our guest. Thank you again and we apprciate you staying with Marriott.