All reviews basketball court full kitchen front desk kitchen area waffles sausage clean property bed was comfortable complimentary breakfast newer hotel the general manager great place to stay would stay here again staff was very friendly business trip one night stay denise
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn over Graduation Weekend 2014. The staff was incredibly friendly, helping answer all of our questions and making us feel like valued customers. My entire family was staying at the Residence, and the staff knew us all by names. I struck up a conversation with one of the staff members, who went out of his way to compliment some of my family members by name. They were a pleasure to work with and were incredibly patient with us.

The continental breakfast provided as part of the stay was one of the best I've ever seen. The offerings weren't anything unique, necessarily: waffle batter with a belgian waffle maker, fresh fruit and yogurt, cereal, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, a variety of toast offerings... But instead of only two or three of those things being offered like some breakfasts, ALL were available. And all were of excellent quality, too. They definitely made it easy to start your day off right with a great breakfast!

The pool area was well-kept and provided great entertainment for the children in our family for swimming and a great gathering place for the adults. It was well-kept and easily accessible.

The hotel is located on I-20 on the "outskirts" of town. While that might be an issue in some places, you have easy access to the loop around Abilene and can get anywhere in the city in 15 minutes. It's not a detraction at all.

My only complaint would be that the fitted sheet on our bed would not stay tucked in at the head of our bed. It didn't impact the quality of my sleep, however, and I know that no one else in our party had the same problem, so it didn't detract from our stay at all.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Abilene.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you chosing Residence Inn by Marriott. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a place you truly feel like home. David night clerk explained all amenities and benefits for Platinum Membership. The facility is clean, great food but most of all Great staff. I was recognized with a plaque posted at front desk on the day of my arrival. The staff is friendly, professional and accommodating with work deliveries and room preference.

Room Tip: Extended stay top floor is quieter. Dinner served Monday thru Thursday.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying at Residence Inn-Abilene. I appreciate your great comments! We work very hard to make all our guest feel like they are home. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had to set up camp here for a week during a work trip. Loved my room with a kitchen...enjoyed eating meals at an actual dining table and a full size fridge. Even cooked myself dinner one night! The hotel has a themed dinner each night (chili, baked potato, etc.). If you're not too picky, you could easily eat dinners there, as well as enjoy the hot & cold breakfast choices each morning. They also have free happy hour in the evenings. After long days of work, it was nice to relax on the front patio with a glass of wine and watch the highway traffic go by. It's not close to downtown (which didn't matter to me), but it is easily accessible to the highway. Great people working there, nice clean rooms...definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for chosing Residence Inn by Marriott. I appreciate your great review of the hotel and staff. We work very hard to make you feel at home! I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The staff is great. They are very friendly and make you really feel valued as a customer. The place is extremely clean and it's nice to unwind in the evening in the outside area by the pool. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and this is one of my favorites.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks so much for staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott. We appreciate your great compliments. We strive to make our guest feel like they are at home! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed one night over the weekend. On my arrival and check in the front desk person was friendly and welcoming. My room was very comfortable and spacious. I had a good nights sleep as the mattress was comfortable. I did not eat the breakfast but looked good. I used the exercise room and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the equipment, etc
I would stay here again. The pool looked fun and there were many people enjoying the hot weather and sunny skies.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for staying at the Residence Inn-Abilene. We appreciate your great review and look forward to seeing you back soon!