“Best in the west”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
California
“Best in the west”
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Residence inns are typically good, but this one is excellent. We had a suite. A/c worked like a charm on a very hot, humid day. The place was spotless and quiet on a Friday night. I wish they were all this way.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2010

The Residence Inn in Abilene should rank amongst the best for providing an atmosphere with all the comforts of home. The breakfast is the best I have experienced through all my travels both business and pleasure. Complimentary evening meals are provided Monday through Thursday with a superb BBQ on Thursday evenings. The facility is newer and is pet friendly. If you are ever passing through the area I recommend you try this location which is easily accessible from the I-20 freeway. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2010

One of the newest hotels in Abilene so of course it is clean. Hotel guest are happy they are in a clean hotel with new everything so of course the staff are happy and treating guest with the utmost courtesy. How will they handle problems though? Not very well!

Took the family on a road trip to see friends, go to the zoo, etc... Reserved a one bedroom a month in advance. Arrived at 4:30 pm. Got a studio. Talked to front desk. Their response, "Sorry there is nothing I can do. My manager will be here tomorrow". Talk to manager first thing in the morning. His response, "I'll give you 500 bonus Marriott points". Worth maybe $3. I talked to people at the hotel and know at least 4 one bedroom suites became available the second night of our stay. The manager was very unwilling to help us. Thanks for the great service Marriott.

Because this hotel is new I will recommed it to a friend. Very clean. Nice pool area, although small. Great breakfast included in price of room. Quiet rooms.I will assume what happened to us would not happen the majority of the time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Honestly can't find one negative about this hotel. Granted...it's not on a beach, but was conveniently located near the things I needed while in town . The hotel was absolutely spotless, the staff very accommodating, room was comfortable, and the breakfast and evening reception was great. I will return to this hotel when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We have stayed twice at this hotel on our way back from spring break. It is convenient, clean, and quiet. The only thing I didn't like was because we got there so late we got the suite modified for ADA and we would have preferred just standard features.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2010

This is the finest hotel you could ever stay in.... plush king size beds, full breakfast, kitchen, everything one could want in a hotel room... and the best service in the world.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2010

My extended family is from the Abilene area, so I have stayed at many area hotels over the years. This hotel, by far, is the nicest and most comfortable place I have stayed. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and well layed out. I stayed in a one room suite, but my sister and her family stated in the two room suite and were just satisifed as I was. I didn't have a chance to use the pool or any of the outdoor areas, but they were very pretty and very well maintained. There are a few restaurants a few blocks away and the interstate is very accessible, but not so close that it is loud at night. This will now be the hotel I use every time I visit.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple