Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center
US$161
US$131
GardenInn.com
Days Inn Abilene(Abilene)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
US$69
US$119
US$113
All reviewsroom was cleannight stayupon checkgpsmall
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Our family needed 8 rooms last month to attend a funeral. The staff was very accommodating and understanding of our needs. Families came at different times, from different locations in Texas and the staff was wonderful. They booked our rooms on the same floor, they allowed some of us to check in early and they allowed about 20 of us to meet with the preacher, privately, in their dining room to discuss funeral arrangements. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was very good and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy S
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

My sincerest condolences for your reason to visit Abilene, and am happy that our staff was able to accommodate you and your family. We are glad our facilities were convenient for your family to plan and to spend time together. I hope in the future for any additional family events we can continue to be the hotel of choice for y'all.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

This hotel was great! It also was a affordable place for me & my pet to stay. Most people don't realize but trying to find a decent hotel that excepts pets can be very hard or near to imposible. If your looking for a pet friendly place this is it. The staff were very nice and friendly.My favorite part of my stay was waking up and making my very own blueberry waffles! There waffle maker made the wafles into the shape of TEXAS! Would definietly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you! It is so great to hear you had a wonderful stay with your best friend. We always enjoy hearing that our four and two legged guests had a great stay. We look forward to having you again in Abilene, and have a new flavor of waffle out! Be sure to let us know if it's a keeper.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

This stay was a disaster the bed was wet after thinking the sheets were just cold because of the air conditioner and disagreeing with my wife, I pulled back the sheets and yes there was a very large yellow wet spot on the mattress protector. This spot was in the middle of the bed and about the size of one of the pillows. After calling down to the front desk and complaining I was told that I could come down and get another room key. Again, great customer service as I had to get completely dressed and go down and get a key for another room. The new room to my surprise had a bed that was not wet! After checking the mattress and taking another shower my wife and I got to sleep around 1am. The next morning I went down to the front desk to complain and asked for a credit and the front desk manager agreed. After several 3-4 days I called because a credit had not yet been received on my credit card. I then spoke to Monica Iller the general manager, she told me "it take approximately 7-10 days for a credit to show up." We again waited and to our disgust we received an e mail from Capital One stating that the hotel would not be giving us a credit because "services were rendered at the time of service." I was and am completely appalled, I called Monica again and she was extremely rude and told me she never said I would get a credit she was just simply telling me that it takes 7-10 days for credits just as a policy not that we were getting a credit!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!? Huge integrity issue!! At this point I called Comfort Inn toll free # the customer service rep was also appalled at this issue and she put me on hold as she called the hotel. After waiting the customer service agent told me the she spoke to Monica Iller and she was disputing because "it was not urine it was some type of cleaner that is why no credit would be given." WOW just to play devils advocate let's say the large yellow wet spot in the middle of the bed was not urine but cleaner, IT WAS STILL VERY WET!!!!! Again this screams lack of integrity and customer service. I should have left when the first incident occurred but we had checked in very late after a volleyball tournament at Abilene Christian University and we were glad that the second room had a dry bed. Truth of the matter is this Comfort inn and this general manager, MoNica Iller, are places and people I will never deal with again and hope this will cause many other customers to reconsider this hotel. It is also across from the hospital and I feel terrible for the people who consider staying at this Comfort Inn because it is convenient to a family member or friend who is hospitalized. I do believe that the corporate office will get this resolved to my satisfaction but in my opinion this hotel should be kicked out of the Comfort Inn franchise and Monica Iller should not be employed there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed just one night while passing through town. This hotel was very clean. Front desk clerk checked me in quickly and was very friendly. Room was clean, lots of towels. My room had 2 queen beds. Breakfast was good, there was a pastry/muffin assortment, bagels, make your own breakfast burrito station, waffle iron, and cereals. Check out was quick and price was reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience while you were our guest at Comfort Inn and Suites, Abilene! I know it takes time out of your busy schedule to write about your visit and that is very much appreciated! We take pride in pleasing our guests and always want them to return next time in Abilene. Thank you so much again for everything and we want to have you back real soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

For the purpose of disclosure - I hate chains. Especially mid-market chains. They are soulless and identical. McDonalds of the lodging world. I avoid them when I can at all costs. But sometimes when the circumstances don't leave much choice I end up having a box of chicken mcnuggets and it accomplishes the main need of getting something to eat. This was a similar occasion here. I was on a long road trip across western texas and simply needed a quick. convenient place to catch a night of sleep. So I chose this place based on convenience and decent reviews. And while it IS soulless and identical to many others across the country, I have to give the management credit for running a tight ship. The hotel is spotless clean. Service is efficient and friendly. Rooms are stocked with decent furniture. Bedding is better than average. Public places are fresh and everything smells new. Fitness room well stocked. Wifi is free and good quality. It does have the annoying window AC/Heater units that make too much noise and the mini bar was also too noisy (unplugged it). But these are the standard faults of these types of hotels in that price range, so it would not be fair to complain. Bottom line - it does exactly what it advertises at a fair price. And that is all you can really ask for .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank onepoet
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review of your recent stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites Abilene. We welcome you anytime and thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Abilene.