“Great Stay!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Good location, right off the highway. This Comfort Inn is nice and fresh. The rooms were clean and comfortable seemed new-er. Breakfast was fresh and hot, and the hotel was near by some medical offices I had appointments at. Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: I prefer to take the stairs, so I asked for a room on the end.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniela S
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge your experience with Comfort Inn and Suites Regional Medical Center. We truly enjoy taking care of our guest and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was booked here by my company for a 2 week stay. During the time I was there Abilene was hit with a big icestorm and raging winds. The room they had me in (it also had an AC unit that blew air that smelled like dirty socks) had a very annoying defect in the windows that caused the double panes to rub together when hit with strong winds, creating a horrid, banshee-like screeching sound. It was intermittent, very loud, and completely impossible to sleep through. This was happening at midnight, by the way. I went downstairs to ask to get another room to sleep in for the night, and was basically told I had to move completely, right then, and it was against their policy to give me more than one card. He said if I slept in a new room, then it "would have to be cleaned completely in the morning". Did I miss something here? The guy working the front was infuriating. I went back up to video the window, showed him what I was talking about, and he finally relented, saying "this is going to get me in trouble". Very unprofessional, very frustrating, in fact its downright offensive. I was there for 2 weeks, I had lots of stuff in my room, moving all of it at midnight because of their issues is not acceptable. I will never stay at another Comfort Suites, ever.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Comfort Inn and Suites. I am sorry to hear that your stay in December did not meet what we would like each one of our guests to experience when they stay at our location.

While the West Texas wind is something out of our control the behavior of our employees is, and I apologize that you felt the conduct at that time was unprofessional. Our entire management team always looks to address issues guests may have and especially for long term stays. While we may not have a full staff available at the hour your issue occurred, we will look to place training so that our overnight staff can address issues like this in the future appropriately.

For the Comfort Inn and Suites Regional Medical Center team it may be a couple of nights to a couple of weeks, our entire team enjoys getting to know our guests needs and tries to accommodate any special requests because of our proximity to the hospital. We recently replaced all of our windows in 2013 in order to better insulate and provide increased security to our guests, and continue to make improvements like our new bedding package where you can choose a firm or soft pillow.

I'm sorry that our staff was not able to improve you stay in December, however we look forward to constructively applying your review to improve our employees.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

While the hotel was clean and seemed new but the one reason I stay at a hotel is to sleep. We stayed two nights and the first night we heard the people in the next room planning their next day. Figured it would stop when they went to bed... NOPE! Forgot about snoring... UGH! All night long SNORING (would have moved rooms but not after the family is already asleep). The next day we confirmed they left. The next night we heard the neighbors again and, once again figured it would stop when they went to bed... NOPE! Just falling asleep and woke up to "adult noises" and banging on the wall... UGH! My 15 year old heard them too. When we told them on the way out all they said was "we would have moved you". If you want to get a good night's sleep, don't stay here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Comfort Inn and Suites Regional Medical Center. I am sorry that another guests actions did cause your experience at our property to be less than enjoyable. We try to accommodate our guests in every way possible, and are happy to either relocate guests or pay special attention to any requests made in their reservation.

While we cannot control what others do at our property we do try to maintain a quiet and clean hotel. Our property is located across the street from the Abilene Regional Medical Center, and we enjoy our business and medical travelers that choose to stay with us. They often do so because of our quiet location and staff service. We look forward to serving our clients with accommodations such as pet free, fragrance free, handicap accessible, and even flexible check outs based on their needs when visiting our hotel. Our associates and management team thrive on pleasing our guests.

We hope that you will take this stay as a non-typical occurrence for our property and give us a second chance to experience a good nights rest at Comfort Inn and Suites Abilene.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Rate they gave me when I stopped in was same as I found online. The hotel is a little aged but comfortable and clean. Bed was satisfactory. Heating system was fine. Television volume control didn't work very well. Location is fairly handy but if you aren't familiar with location and come in during darkness, not easy to find. GPS took us through a subdivision and extra 10-minute drive to get in but not necessary. Close to a number of restaurants. Breakfast is standard Comfort Inn - lots of hot and cold choices, and the coffee is fairly good. Probably quieter room if stay in one of the rooms on back or east side to minimize road noise.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you had trouble finding us with your GPS. Thanks for staying with us, hopefully we will see you again if the opportunity arises!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Hotel is across the street from the Hospital Abilene Regional, Across the street from Reliant ( an intense rehab) and next door to our favorite eating place SUBWAY. You can catch the freeway and head out to anywhere in Abilene in minutes. Or you can go the back way into Abilene to go the mall and the finer eating establishments The hotel was excellent clean, the staff was great and we will stay there anytime we go back. We had a late drs. appt. so they let us have a late check out. Although I worked out both days the fitness room only has one treadmill, one cycle then weights. but I was the only one in there one day then the next day there was two of us. But you can work out at any time it doesn't have a open/close time. The breakfast was great. Hot eggs, meat then your usual breads, waffle's, cereals. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you so much for commenting about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Abilene. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and invite you back next time in town. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you should ever need anything. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

When going to Abilene we ALWAYS stay with Jessie and Anna at the Comfort Inn and Suites! Not only do we feel like we are home, we are treated like we are home. The entire staff makes certain you have everything you need. The property is always spotless, quiet and very comfortable. Even the other guests are amazing...recently a couple across the hall from us were celebrating a birthday. Their party was in one of the meeting rooms and as only could happen in West Texas by friendly West Texas people, we (complete strangers) were offered some of the many goodies at the party!!! I love visiting with Jessie and Anna during breakfast in the mornings. They are such a pleasure. We will never stay at another hotel in Abilene!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem cooler and more quiet/
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ComfortInn-abilene, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy some West Texas hospitality during your stay, and that we were able to exceed your expectations. If there is anything we can do or offer that you may see during your travels be sure to mention it to us, we are always looking at ways to improve your stay.

We look forward to seeing you at "home" next time y'all are in Abilene.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked here because of the location....very convenient and easy to find by the hospital. We arrived around midnight on a Saturday night. The night clerk was super helpful and got us right in. Our room was spotless, comfortable, and quiet. We will stay here again when in Abilene.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our location.

I will be sure to share with Kathy, our weekend night auditor, your kind comments about the check in process. We love to hear great feedback, and it is a special boost to anyone to get a compliment about our service. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to seeing you again.