“Convenient, Clean & Comfortable”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed here on a Choice Privilege free night, so can't comment on the value, but our room was just as we had reserved - one king-size bed, hot (and fairly good) breakfast, fast WiFi. It's located just a very short distance from the interstate, and we could hear the road noise quite clearly. Since the room temperature isn't thermostat-controlled, we had our choice between being too warm (and hearing the road noise) from the heater or having the room quite cool, but quieter with just the fan on. We chose to use the fan and that did help with the noise. If noise bothers you, ask for a room in the back - you may still get some, but it will be quieter than the rooms up front, where ours was located. Breakfast had all the usual muffins, cereal, etc. but also scrambled egg omelets with salsa, sausage, bacon, and biscuits with gravy - so better than many Quality Inns. The evening receptionist was friendly and helpful. The only complaint, other than the noise, was that our coffee pot took over an hour to brew a pot in the morning - we finally gave up and went to the breakfast area for coffee. But when we told the manager, he was very apologetic and said that he would have taken care of it had we informed him. So really, no complaint there - they handled it well. It is very close to a good selection of restaurants and just off the interstate, so it's a good location. The next time we're in Abilene, we would stay at this motel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank tumbleweeds023

Reviewed 25 June 2011

We had a reservations for our youth group coming home from a summer camp at this hotel. When our kids arrived, the front desk clerk informed them they had no more rooms. It was 10:00 PM, they had been driving for 8 hours, who wants to go looking for a hotel when you had a reservation. The staff did not volunteer to assist them in finding alternative arrangements until the chaperone told them they "needed to find the group another hotel." They did put them up in another property...DUMP! We reserved $100 rooms and got $50 rooms that were filthy. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stay at this property. Unprofessional and lacking in customer service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank preacherax238
Reviewed 22 January 2010

When we called for reservation for Quality Inn, Abilene, Tx. we did not know that our reservation was being taken by Ian's Travel Service who charged us $103 when we gave them credit card information. We were unaware that we were being charged for the room. When we checked into the motel, the reservation desk charged us again but this time $123. As we were looking at our on-line bank account a couple days later, we discovered that we had been charged twice. Several calls were made over several days to Quality Inn trying to get our account credited for the double charge. Long story short, they said they would credit back our funds for the overcharge but they never did. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this motel unless you want to get ripped off. We're just another senior couple that got taken advantage of.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ScatmanJackson
Reviewed 30 March 2009

This hotel was nothing fancy - but it was clean and quiet. I was looking for a place that offered both smoking and an exercise room (two things you don't often find people looking for at once =) and Quality Inn was the only hotel in Abilene that had rooms available at a reasonable price with those two features.

They did accidentally double book my room on the last night of my stay, but called to check with me after they discovered my luggage was still in the room on the day I was "supposed" to check out. They were even able to let me stay in the room the last night of my reservation after moving the other person around.

I am returning to Abilene this week and booked the same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank altzen
Reviewed 3 January 2008

If you want to deal with a horribly managed hotel and risk being treated like crap, then stay here. The young lady , Heather, at the desk was nice and acted professionally, but I had to deal with the owner, Mr. Bhakta, and he was rude to me. He did not act in what I thought to be a professional manner at all. I forgot an expensive orthopedic pillow when I checked out, but called within an hour to ask the hotel to hold it for me. The desk clerk (Heather) was very nice. She found the pillow and labeled it with my name and when I would return for it and put it in their lost-and-found. When I returned for it, someone had taken it. I spoke with Mr. Bhakta and he was completely unconcerned and dismissive. He gave me a few lame "brush-off" excuses and clearly had no desire to try to clear up the issue. He made it clear that all he cared about was that I quit bothering him and go away. I will not be staying at the Abilene Comfort Inn, or any other Comfort Inn after this experience.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Disgusted3
Reviewed 18 July 2006

This is a standard two level Comfort Inn motel with outside room entrances. I like Comfort Inns and this one looks nice and new on the outside. Inside - the room smelled and the air conditioner made it worse, the bed was uncomfortable with flat pillows, the basin and tub were stained and there was glue on the floor where someone did a bad repair job.
Breakfast is in small room with an attendant who watches what you take. Standard cold breakfast options plus a toaster.
The hotel is ok but the room smell put me off and I resented having paid $79 for the night.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed 6 July 2006

We have stayed at several Comfort Inns the past few years and have never had an experience such as this. Only July 2, we were returning home from Paulden, Az accompanied by our friend and his dog. We chose this Comfort Inn as it was listed in a "Pet friendly" guidebook of hotels. I could not believe the condition of the room. The mirrors were full of greasy handprints, sink had various shades of what we believe was the previous tenant's hair, the coffee maker had grounds left in it. There were remnants of plastic pieces cut from what appeared to be price tags all over the carpet and bathroom floors. I called the front office and advised how disappointing it was to find this hotel in such sad shape. Unfortunately all they had to say was "Do you want to check out"? To hear this after driving 900 miles was not 'comforting'. The price was $80, which regardless of price, one does expect a clean room - not one where you are afraid to use the tub/shower etc. This was the worst!!!!!! Beware.

Stayed: July 2006