See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we were given a room that hadn't been cleaned, food was everywhere and the bed wasn't made. After lugging my stuff to the front office, the lady acted surprised but continued to chat with another customer about his dog while I waited. When she finally helped me she said she would give me a double room for no additional price as if this was some kind of upgrade. I had initially booked a king room. After rifling through stacks of papers I guess she realized she had another king room and she made me a key. When I arrived in the room there were pubic hairs all over the shower and the rest of the room was in need of a good deep cleaning. I'm done with Motel 6, this is my second bad experience in a month.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Abilene East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Booked this motel for a week through Hotels.com, reasonably priced at $50 per night. Upon arrival the check in went smoothly, the lady at the desk was very cordial. We went to the room and was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. Upon touring the grounds, this was unacceptable. There is lots of debris on the grounds, the sidewalks in front of the rooms had a very unwelcoming appearance. The gray paint has multiple large spots of missing and flaked paint. Went to the pool on Saturday afternoon and it was green. We asked the lady at the desk about it and her reply was "I don't know what to say. One maintenance man is off and I do not know where the other one is". Sunday the pool was still green. We called Motel 6 corporate office on Monday and filed a complaint, Nate said he would send an email to the district manager and the location manager. We also filed a complaint with Hotels.com. It is Wednesday now and the pool is still green. We have mentioned this issue to Pete, one of the maintenance men, and to every employee we have seen, and the response from everyone is the same, Nothing.

Also the web site mentions every room has a coffee maker in the room. Our room does not. When we asked the lady at the desk about it her response was "No, the rooms do not have coffee makers, the only coffee is here in the lobby". We told her the web site for the location says coffee makers in each room, she said "Oh really, I will get someone to check on that".

There is an ice machine on the property but you have to hunt it because there are no signage. So if you go from the rear of the property to the office to get ice, they send you to the middle of the property, to the second floor to the ice machine. There should be signage on the buliding, in the office and in the rooms. The desk clerk should tell you about coffee makers, coffee in the lobby and ice machine location upon check in. Also, that the pool is green or the pool is closed.

Even though the price is reasonable, the amenities advertised should be available as described.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Thank DeWayne - Mitzi... W

Dear DeWayne, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This hotel has reasonable prices and the rooms have recently been remodeled. The furnishings were spartan but comfortable. However the room smelled musty. We stayed two nights and upon returning to our room the second night discovered that housekeeping had not changed the sheets on our bed. There was no advisory notice that bedding would not be changed, so someone chose not to provide fresh linens. We stayed here because there were no reasonably priced rooms available in town (big concert weekend), but we will not stay here again. Motel 6 says they will leave the light on for you. Go ahead and turn it off!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

If you are a light sleeper this place is NOT FOR YOU. All noises echo in the room from the laminate floors. You can hear every neighbor, making my dogs bark at every sound. The highway reverberating, the heater is loud. If there’s a snorer with you, it is intensified. Not to mention the filthy walls, the ceiling damage, and the sheet stains. No, just no. Never again motel 6!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We needed to stop somewhere just for a night and Motel 6 seemed as a good choice. Price was affordable and close enough to I 20 not to loose too much time. We were positively surprised how clean and nice the room was. Room was equiped with TV, refrigerator and microwave oven. A king bed was very comfortable. Perfect for a short stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple