“Very enjoyable stay at a nice price”

Candlewood Suites Abilene
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Tucson, Arizona
“Very enjoyable stay at a nice price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was traveling across the country and just stopped in for one night. Very clean new hotel and everyone was very nice. There is a washer and dryer to use and a nice exercise room along with a nice selection of DVDs you can check out no charge and play thru the DVD player in the room. Will be traveling back that way next month and will definitely spend another night there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ThomasAZGerlach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Folsom, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I'm on a 6 month assignment near Abilene and I find this hotel very suitable for this type of extended stay.Staff is extremely friendly & accomodating. The room is clean and comfortable and the rate is very reasonable. It is ajacent to the Winters Freeway and is convenient for shopping, restaurants, and area attractions. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms ending on low numbers are a bit more quite since they are farther from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BillV38
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Excellent services and there washer and dryer is free they have a nice weight room in yhe suite there is a diswasher fridge microwave a nd infrared stove pots and pans and utensils aldo a hdtv very happy with this hotel if im here again this will be my choice.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank phillipwcrandall35wv
Odessa, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

If you are looking for cheap suites, with no amenities, and no customer service, then this facility is for you. Don't get me wrong, the facility and rooms are nice, because they are new. But almost every detail screams "cheap". When we first drove up, I thought we were at the back of the building. The front entrance resembles the back entrance at most other hotels. Very plain, no covered drive to pull up and unload. We had two rooms reserved, the computer showed only one. We asked for the rooms to be together when the reservation was made, they said no problem. Now, they couldn't do it, in fact the rooms were on different floors. One of the rooms turned out to be trashed, so mysteriously they were then able to give us two rooms together, which means they could have done that in the beginning. In one of the rooms, the TV didn't work. Turns out all the outlets along one wall had no power. Checked circuit breakers then called maintenance. Desk clerk came up and checked, could not resolve, which is ok, he is not an electrician. He said he would look for an extension cord so we could plug the TV into an outlet across the room. He never called back, so we went to Wal Mart and bought an extension cord ourselves. We stayed 2 days, rooms were never cleaned, had to go to front desk to get clean towels. There was no restaurant, only a small "store" that had very high priced items. When we checked out, made conversation with female desk clerk, she went into long winded story about her boyfriend, complete with curse words. Do you see the picture I'm painting here? It is true you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Abilene, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear DC-Texas-13,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are unhappy to hear about your experience. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Krysllin G.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I do alot of traveling through out the state of Texas and by far this has been the worse hotel I have ever stayed out. I would rather stay in my vehicle before staying there.
I had to go down to guest services 6-7 times to get towels. I was told they were out but they had free laundry facilty to wash our towels.
I had ask to talk to their manager and said she was working next door. How can she run 2 hotels when this one is not ran right.
I went into the market to buy some goodies and I walked out and I was stopped to pay for my items. I told them I filled out a slip and she told me let me check the box out to make sure the slip was in it since you are new. Wow we were going to start staying there but we will go somewhere else to stay for the couple of months. Oh by the way my slip WAS IN THE BOX.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear RobertS424,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the customer service you received from our staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Staff was wonderful, but there are NO amenities....no breakfast at all. Also the cleaning staff was very bad and since they only clean? once a week that was not acceptable. Once, my room was stripped and they forgot to come back and put on sheets, towels, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Abilene, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear jmo149,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping which was unacceptable. We will address thsi point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, spacious (yes it is designed that way but still worth mentioning) and reasonably priced. It was a good choice for our large family The service was excellent. The location is close to the mall and several restaurants. We will definitely return to this Hotel when visiting Abilene again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz0702
MonicaP360, Manager at Candlewood Suites Abilene, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Hello I would like to thank you for the great review and it was pleasure having you stay with us.