“Great Catfish”

Catfish Corner
Ranked #19 of 273 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

First time at this restaurant and was really impressed. Had the catfish, home cut fries, hush puppies, and a fresh garden salad....all was well above average. Other family member's food was also very well received.

Restaurant was not fancy by any means; it was more like a cafe setting, but very clean. Server was very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Catfish Corner

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Always Good fresh catfish, fries and slaw! I have been eating there for years and it is always the same good food and service!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I ordered a mixed plate...catfish, stuffed crab and shrimp. It was all good but the crab was heavy on the stuffing and light on the crab. However don't let that dissuade you, just eat fish or shrimp which I thought were wonderful. I love onion rings and got a side order instead of the French fries (no substitutions at dinner). They were awesome. It was really enough for two or three people. When I was finished I was absolutely stuffed. I didn't finish the onion rings because of the size of the order and I left a couple of pieces of the fish too. I would have never chosen this restaurant without Trip Advisor because of its location and nondescript location. The waitress was very pleasant.

1  Thank txtfa001
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The catfish are the specialty here, but everything on the menu is wonderful. They have the best fried pickles and homemade onion rings in Texas! Just be certain to arrive hungry as the servings are huge. The wait staff are friendly and there are lots of funny signs on the walls.
It has a lot of charm and atmosphere!

1  Thank Connie A
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have never eaten better catfish at any restaurant anywhere. The corn meal coated filets are seasoned and cooked just right! Try an order of the homemade hand battered onion rings but be careful not to order a full order of them unless you have several people with you. This restaurant also has one of the best chicken fried steaks in Abilene, but I find myself not wanting to pass up the catfish and shrimp each time I visit. Love it!

Been to Catfish Corner? Share your experiences!