“Not bad”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Abilene, Texas
“Not bad”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food was pretty good, not the best we have ever had. We have got to sample plenty of middle eastern food in D.C., and I would say this was average to above average. I was a little concerned about the cleanliness of the facility. Very friendly service.

• Visited June 2014

San Angelo, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“relaxed and friendly”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We read the reviews before we went,cause we just roll that way.We've never had lamb before and was amazed on what we had.So tender and tasty.I'm not a beef eater and my husband is,well we now love lamb.I've had hummus before but my husband hasn't this was awesome and the pita bread light and fluffy.Yes you do have to wait a little bit for your food but it's so worth it.Wish there was iced tea to drink but ,we'll be back just for the food.

• Visited July 2014
“Homespun”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited here a few times while in Abilene. My husband had to drag me here the first time, have never been into middle eastern food, but the food is great. The owner runs this place all alone, so be patient it may take awhile but it is well worth the wait. The Kabobs are excellent! !!

“Hole in the wall kinda place”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Don't judge a book by the cover. Very unattractive appearance, but very good food. I will eat here again for sure on my next trip thru Abilene.

Abilene, Texas
“FANTASTIC FOOD!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wow, I cannot believe I live in Abilene and have never eaten at the Middle East Retaurant before now. I have read other's reviews, but I am not really familiar with this type of cuisine so I was afraid I would not like it. Well, I love it. The beef kabob is some of the best beef I have had. So tender and flavorful. My son ate almost all of my lamb kabab. The bite I did eat was very good and I thought I did not like lamb. I guess I have not had it prepared this well before. The hummus is so fresh and delicious. The pita was freshly made and just terrific. The restaurant is small and quaint. Very clean. Don't let the location keep you from going in. You will surely miss out if you do not try it. Sabah, the owner, is very good to suggest things to try and will make any dish to suit you. He is a very nice and hard working man. We enjoyed our food and our visit with him. He was proud to tell us about his upcoming citizenship exam. He is really a gifted cook. It is nice to have something out of the ordinary for Abilene that is really, really good to eat. I am attaching a youtube link about Sabah and his story with this review. It is very interesting and I hope you will want to try some really great food and shake the hand of this man who helped out the U.S. military in Iraq. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8xPH6s5do. Or go to youtube and search Texas Bucket List Middle East.
Middle East Restaurant, too good to miss.

• Visited July 2014