“No internet service”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Fort Worth, Texas
“No internet service”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2013. Throughout my stay there was no internet connection. I called the front desk several times. I was told different stories - the router was bad, they have to call the manager, there was no reception, they will have to rest the password, just different stories.Breakfast could be better with varieties.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had made reservations months in advance. Only one of the eleven reservations that I know about was given the room that was reserved (one of the handicapped rooms reserved was not available). Out of six reservations, only one was billed to the proper credit card. As an elite LQ rewards member, I am supposed to be guaranteed a room, yet upon arrival was told they were full. Luckily, they somehow "found" an empty room. Never did get all of the billing problems straightened out completely. I accidentally went to a room that was not mine and put my card key in the lock...it opened and I walked in. Luckily someone wasn't sitting there cleaning their pistol. Be aware that they have a problem with security. The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean but not adequately supplied every day. Half of the front desk staff were very good, and the other half may as well have stayed home. LQ used to be my motel of choice (some years staying there in excess of 40 days). I have never experienced a front desk operation in such disarray. Holiday Inn Express is really starting to look like a better place to stay.

Room Tip: choose a room across the parking lot at the neighboring motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David D
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were there as part of a large event at the Expo Center. We had people staying at hotels all over the city. I know of at least ten rooms booked at this hotel. Of those ten rooms, there were problems with the reservations for six of them. They had people coming later than they were, leaving earlier than they were, and charging the wrong credit cards for rooms booked as a group. The people in our group had printed out reservations that saved the whole thing as we could prove what our reservations were did not match what the hotel's computer said. Not once did anyone apologize. The rooms were fine, the breakfast was fine, but the front desk staff is a mess. Very frustrating! This might have been my last stay at a La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patty D
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Our room was very comfortable. We slept well and were happy with our stay. The desk staff was friendly when checking in and out. It took checking three floors to find a working ice machine, but we did finally find one in working order. The stains on the furniture, however, weren't that appealing. Nothing that a good steam cleaning wouldn't fix, just not that pleasant to look at. The cleaning staff should probably mop the floor in the elevator more often (and no, it hadn't been raining). Breakfast was typical fare, but again, the counter area was not being kept clean. Overall, a nice hotel, and we would stay again, I just wish the cleaning staff would take a little more pride in their work in the common areas of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fostertraveler
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just needed a place to say while visiting family and this was convenient, quiet, clean and we had no problems. They were a tad skimpy with the towels and wash cloths, but that was easily fixed. We had plenty of room, the king size bed was comfy, and everything appeared clean and well-maintained. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple