“What is it about LaQuinta Coffee??”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Abilene Mall
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have stayed at 4 different LaQuinta's in the past 3 weeks. Multi-night stays here on two different occasions, once in Dumas, Texas, and one in Indiana. The hotels are relatively top notch. Clean, quiet rooms, great beds and friendly front desk staff. The common thread is they have the worst breakfasts of most chain hotels. Mostly sugar and high fat. And what is it about that Nescafe coffee machine in each? It has to dispense the worst coffee in the world. I finally gave up even checking out the breakfast every morning. I would rather skip it, even though it is included in the price and go someplace a little more healthy with palatable coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jim6918

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is horrible and the fact that they charged me $100 per night is disgraceful. Housekeeping was a mess, the room disgusting, breakfast foods were awful. Bugs around the front door area, absolute filth behind cabinets, no shower soaps or shampoos, torn bedding...yuck

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 30 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was my second stay at this LQ, and it was great from check in to check out. It was very clean, quiet, and comfy. I would highly recommend this LQ, the staff was friendly and helpful. I will certainly be back next time I'm in Abilene.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Staff was very nice i will say.if this place is ranked 7th then this city has issues.room was clean in appearance but stunk to the high heaven.reeked of cigs being covered up by air freshener.i dont even mind smokers and this stunk.then laying in bed it smelled like i was sleeping with a dog..hotels should have specific rooms that are pet friendly.i dont want to smell someones dog from the night before.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SLAYTANIC666
Reviewed 6 February 2014

When I'm traveling for business, I always look for a LaQuinta. This LaQuinta is very nice. My check-in was very quick and efficient. My room was lovely (as usual) and I had plenty of space. I was in room 215, and for some reason the refrigerator didn't get as cold as I would have liked. However, you make do with what you have. Now, I am an advocate of a nice continental breakfast. The breakfast was standard with a waffle maker, muffins, toast, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, and eggs...etc. It was ok, but I was a little disappointed that they didn't have cheese danishes and bagels. Since it was free, I guess I can't complain too much. To kind of make up for this breakfast, there are plenty of restaurants which are right down the street (literally). In addition, WalMart was on the same street as the hotel and this was a bonus as I had to stop and pick up a few things. Like the check in process, checking out was a piece of cake. Overall, this was a good place to stop over and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

In our rush to leave we also left behind our iPad. We didn't notice until we'd arrived back in South Dakota--but the staff at La Quinta, Abilene Mall, noticed. We had messages on our phones when we arrived home. The manager informed us it was secure so we didn't worry about information theft, and in record time it was shipped back. That's responsible property management. Even before La Quinta solved our property problem, we had complimented the staff about their clean halls, rooms, exercise room, and breakfast room. Very pet friendly, and very personable to travelers from check-in to departure. I've stayed in many La Quintas, but this one in Abilene set the bar way high.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family