“Don't eat here!!!”
Review of Abilene Seafood Tavern - CLOSED

Abilene Seafood Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Bad service, unprofessional management and found a dirty toothpick in my food....Don't waste your time.

4  Thank Arobertson9

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Yes, this place is dated. I felt like I stepped back into a Steak and Ale from 1985! BUT- the food was really good! The spouse and I both had the specials- he the tilapia special and I the steak special. Everything was really tasty, including the incredible chocolate cake! But the best thing- that still makes our mouth water- was the lobster bisque! It was a big bowl of creamy happiness! We could eat this every day! The lobster flavor is intense, yet you won't find any chunks of lobster in the soup, which is the only missing element to the perfect soup.
We passed through Abilene going to and from Midland and stopped at Abilene Seafood Tavern each time- we ate there two days in a row! Wish we were closer to Abilene!

3  Thank SpikeRudy
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We have eaten at the Seafood Tavern for lunch several times over the last couple of months. The service is always impeccable and the food is above our expectations. The lunch specials are Tuesday - Sunday, closed for lunch on Monday. For 6.95 there are some great options available, this price also includes their delicious pumpernickel bread and iced tea. Our favorite is the fish and chips in a beer batter. Even my teenage boys and husband leave this lunch full, which isn't always the case. The portions are generous and taste is wonderful. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Seafood Tavern was a pleasant surprise. I had fried cod which was dipped in a beer batter, was flaky and had a mild taste, also had fried shrimp, really large, great taste. Wife had fried pork loin, she is still talking about how good it was. We had another couple with us who also enjoyed their food. Our servers where great, some of the best we have had. We went on a Friday evening, it was quiet and even though full, because of the layout, you can carry on a conversation. Although we haven't been back for lunch, they have daily specials.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

good prices, food is ok , needs to update. But all in all not too bad, I would go again. good nightly entertainment