“This Restaurant is a Hidden Gem!”
Review of Abilene Seafood Tavern - CLOSED

Abilene Seafood Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place is a delightful surprise! They have great food, friendly staff, the owner is 'hands on' much of the time and their prices are very reasonable, especially at lunchtime. Great atmosphere and an overall enjoyable dinner out!

1  Thank Connie A

Reviewed 6 June 2013

The atmosphere was gloomy, the food was frozen I ordered a steak medium and it was well, but you can tell it was frozen when they cooked it. The bread was burnt, the only decent thing was the lobster bisque.

2  Thank Kara W
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place was such a nice surprise! The lunches are excellent and we liked the dinner too. The food tastes good and is well prepared. I love the look of the restaurant, very cozy and tavern looking. The menu has a wide selection of seafood and drink options and the prices are good. Our servers seemed a little overworked but I know a lot of places are short handed. I am so happy to have another quality seafood place in Abilene.

2  Thank Rhoan
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Bad service, unprofessional management and found a dirty toothpick in my food....Don't waste your time.

4  Thank Arobertson9
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Yes, this place is dated. I felt like I stepped back into a Steak and Ale from 1985! BUT- the food was really good! The spouse and I both had the specials- he the tilapia special and I the steak special. Everything was really tasty, including the incredible chocolate cake! But the best thing- that still makes our mouth water- was the lobster bisque! It was a big bowl of creamy happiness! We could eat this every day! The lobster flavor is intense, yet you won't find any chunks of lobster in the soup, which is the only missing element to the perfect soup.
We passed through Abilene going to and from Midland and stopped at Abilene Seafood Tavern each time- we ate there two days in a row! Wish we were closer to Abilene!

3  Thank SpikeRudy