“Best chili rellenos around”
Review of Casa Herrera

Casa Herrera
Ranked #67 of 275 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This restaurant has the best chips and hot sauce in town. It also has the best service in town. Any restaurant that can stay in business as long as this one has, must be doing something right! The chile rellenos are by far the best in this area. The margaritas are delicious! My only complaint is that their menu is so extensive until it will take your wife forever to order!

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

While the service has been decent the times we have been, the food has been either soggy, salty or poorly cooked. They have the basics in regards to tex mex dishes, but tamales, Los Arcos, or Taco Bueno would be a better choice.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Ok. So I go to a lot of mexican restaurants. I mean a lot. From Vegas to North Carolina to Texas to Ensenada in Baja Mexico.
By far. This one has the best salsa. Its spicy, flavorful and delicious.
So, I ordered the #8, two Tacos and two beef enchiladas. Less than the time it takes me to read the last 6 hours of news feed, like 10 mins for me, my food was here. It was hot and I even started to tear up a little bit. They put a half taco shell down to stop the enchilada sauce from making my Tacos soggy. That right there shows me they care.
My waiter dude was attentive and didI a good job.
The only complaint I have is that my Tacos didn't have cheese on them. If this was Tacos like you get from street vendors or in Mexico, where they use cilantro and jalepenos, I could understand it. But it was ground beef. It needed cheese. The meat was a little bland compared to the salsa.

Currently, waiting on a sopapilla sundae

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I like several Mexican food places in town, but this is my favorite. I love the Carne Guisada plate and Chile rellenos. When I am in a hurry, the buffet is good, but I prefer to order of the menu if I have time. Great Service! Sally the server is great!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Food was good. Buffet available with plenty of selections. The staff was very nice. FYI the restaurant is closed from 2-5pm