“Very Inviting”

Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
California
“Very Inviting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Michelle greeted me as soon as I walked through the door. It was apparent that Michelle was training Melissa but she was able to quickly check me in and provide Melissa with an opportunity to learn the procedures. Michelle even took the time to thank me for being a Choice Privileges member and present me with a goody bag. We were assigned to room 111 which is perfect when you have kids. I also noticed that the business center and exercise room are located across from the room. The size of the room was so large, I thought I booked an accessible room. The room was very inviting with the warm colors in the carpet, curtains, paintings, comforter and the dark tons of the furniture. As you enter the room on the right was an area with a countertop, a sink, coffee maker and storage space. I guess this is where you could keep your food items if you were staying for an extended amount of time. The next area to your right was a large bathroom with plenty of vanity space for everyone's toiletry items. The closet contained a few hangers, the iron and ironing board. The door to the closet was a full length mirror. A clean room makes a room inviting. My visual assessment is that this hotel was very clean and that the owner/manager understands the importance of visual presentation. I did happen to notice a cobweb in the upper left hand corner of ceiling in the sink area but I never saw any bugs as stated in previous post. Plenty of outlets in the room allowed us to plug in our electronics with out unplugging lights or the clock/radio. This is always a plus for me. Free Internet access allowed the kids to play there games and saved us on using our personal hotspot. Breakfast was usual fare, yogurt, cereals, waffles, danishes, bagels, hot items such as potatoes (YUM! YUM!), scrambled eggs and ham. A big part of a hotel being inviting has to do with the people that work there. The three ladies that I interacted with definitely enjoy working and interacting with people. I had a conversation with the lady that prepared the breakfast items and when I was checking out, she asked if my child enjoyed the food. It is little interactions, comments and questions like that, that you can not rehearse with staff, but it is truly those individuals that make you feel good about an establishment. If we are ever in Abilene again, we will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were assigned to room 111 which is on the front side of the hotel. You could faintly hear the hi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and are very glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in Abilene, Texas.

(325)437-1525

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We are Hilton Honor members, but decided to try another chain.
Michelle at the front desk was very nice & made us feel welcome. Room was spacious, clean & beds comfortable. The walk-in tile shower was different, but nice. We did not try the breakfast. Very quiet until the dogs in the next room started barking early in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay with us.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our entire team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff and we strive to continously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for all our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant thant the present one.

Nayna B Patel
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

As a walk-in reservation, I feel I got a good rate. I found the hotel quiet, the beds comfy, and the breakfast yummy. The employees were all friendly and accommodating. However, I dislike bugs. There was a dead bug on the floor in my room. I didn't mention to hotel personnel, since we were only staying one night. Then, when I went out to pickup takeout food for the room, there were a couple bugs outside the dark side door area. Finally, I asked about laundry and they cheerfully recommended the machines around the corner from my room. Unfortunately, as a late walk-in, the availability of the laundry room is limited since it closes at 12am. I did ask about the closure, but they said since there was someone in adjacent room, I'd definitely have to wrap things up by 12am or 1230am. Fair enough.

My suggestions:
- Add more lighting to the alternative door entries. It feels unsafe at the side entry due to the darkness, plus the creepy crawlies frolic in the dark.
- Be more upfront about laundry limitations from the beginning. If I'd known about the closing time, I would have stated laundry before food ventures.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete or online TripAdvisor survey.

I am pleased to hear that the room was comfortable but was very concerned to hear that there was a dead bug on the floor. I have already discussed this issue with our Pest Control Company and they have promised me that they would take more care and be more thourough from this point forward.

We apologize regarding the timeing of the Laundry Room Facilities but my staff is aware now and we will try to be more forthcoming regarding the informing our guests of the schedule.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our progress.

Needville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is great. The staff are far superior to nearly every other hotel staff I've experienced. A week before our arrival, Michelle at the front desk recognized a problem with our online reservation and she contacted me about it. She knew we were coming during Thanksgiving week and wouldn't want to have to deal with issues on our arrival so she persevered with me for an hour to correct the Choice Hotel online issue.

All staff were courteous and very helpful, even those who had to work on the holiday. We were there to help our college student daughter enjoy her Thanksgiving away from home and the staff at this hotel enabled us to do so joyfully.

We appreciate the two queen beds w/sleeper sofa rooms. Helps our family of 7 need only two rooms instead of three - and that saves us money! Thanks for a great Thanksgiving!!

1 Thank txnnancy
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding our staff and property. We were so thouroughly pleased to hear that we were able to make your's and your family's Thanksgiving just that much more pleasant.

Nayna Patel
Sleep Inn & Suites, Abilene South'
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I did not get to spend too much time here, but the staff was very friendly, the rooms were quiet and i slept very good, the wifi was better then most wifi's i know which can be slow, but for my stay, it was very nice. thank you staff at the Abilene Sleep Inn, You have a very nice place

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our online TripAdvisor review regarding your recent visit to our Sleep Inn & Suites Abilene South.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for all our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant and comfortable than the previous one.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sleep Inn. I have the utmost respect for the staff here. They were friendly and very accommodating. The hotel was extremely clean and stylish. No complaints at all.

This hotel stay has made me a loyal Sleep Inn customer. I only hope all the other Sleep Inns will live up to the standard this one has placed.

Room Tip: We were on the second level and had a great view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our online TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent visit with such positive feedback!

I have shared your comments with my staff, and they all join me in thanking you for your kind words of praise. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations and services the next time you visit Abilene, Texas.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a wonderful two nights here while spending a weekend in Abilene! We had a spacious 3 queen (2 bedroom) suite with a walk in shower. Beds were extremely comfy. Breakfast was plentiful and most importantly the staff was always very friendly and helpful! One morning we noticed mold on the toast but they took care of it right away. The couch in our room had a small tear. These are minor details. It's a very fine 2 star hotel! And we would definitely stay here again!! Don't miss the Historic Village in Buffalo Gap!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding our staff attitude and the comfort of your accommodations.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. day or night, good servie depends upon people willing to give their very best at all time. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words of praise. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit when in Abilene.