“A good breakfast”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #33 of 285 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Consistence Cracker Barrel food. Always good. I just had a standard egg and biscuit breakfast and it was good. The service was really slow which was surprising as they weren't very busy. It took almost 45 minutes to get our food. Not sure what that was all about.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Initial service was slow but attentive after she actually acknowledged my presence. Food was average, felt the ham was dry and the biscuits were hard. Ok for Cracker Barrel but nothing special tonight.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have eaten at several Cracker Barrels around the country. They are pretty consistent in quality, therefore a safe bet in a strange place. I'm an old country boy, so this one being available locally gives me an option when good ole southern food sounds right. Like all of them, this one is not the choice when you are looking for grab and go speedy service, but on the road or here, I sometimes just take time for a leisurely, relaxing break.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

One of my favorite places to eat on the road. Friendly, efficient staff, great atmosphere, and good home-style food. Always fun to walk around the large gift shop.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Some stand out and some are poor but this one is just between poor & average After driving on the road you like a good meal. Well after being seated and waiting 5 minutes to get a server because the other ones told us thats not there table and then wating a few minutes more we finnally got a server. Order the coffee and then breakfast. After ordering breakfast not 2 but 3 times because for some reason no one knows how to remember or write down a order, then to only come out incorrect and a piss poor chicken fried steak you could have bought out of the freezer section at the wal-mart behind the restaurant your just ready to eat the other food and leave. You just can't fix the order when it's this bad already. I was disappointed to say the least. At least the coffee was good and so was the company I was having breakfast with. Besides that it was blahhhh....!.