“Would rather sleep in my car !!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Best Budget Inn Abilene
Ranked #3 of 4 Abilene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Owner/Manager was very rude upon arrival and overcharged our credit card. Getting an adjustment took just as long as they were not knowledgeable in making an adjustment. Tried to get some assistance as far as where to eat in Abilene and staff was not friendly at all and just pointed us across the street to fast food restaurants. Rooms were ok not the greatest but spacious. I was only in town for a night so I survived but would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor would I ever stay here again. For the price you can do better.

Room Tip: You can get more for your money and better service at neighboring hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Just had one of the worst "hotel" experiences of my life and feel like I need to be hosed off for a full day. The hotel is so disgustingly dirty outside, inside the courtyard area, and inside the room that a homeless man would scream and run away! It claims to be under new management since it became a brokedown Howard Johnson, but i don't think the new management ever showed up to change anything! (shame on staff managers Ferdi and Sue). You cannot identify the place at night because they don't have their name on the sign- it still faintly has the Howard Johnson logo on it. so if you insist on staying here be sure to look for a blank hotel sign if arriving at night. All of the vents in my hotel room were filthy and possibly had mold, activating my allergic reaction to mold. The toilet ran on and off every 20 seconds throughout my last night, never completely filling the tank. the paint on the bathroom walls was peeling badly (how hard is it to re-paint the wall?) the sink needed a new washer because it would spray water in multiple directions when turned on. The bathtub was surprisingly clean but the bathtub drainer was loose and wouldn't stay lifted for the shower so I had to keep removing it for my shower and putting it back on for my daughter's bath. the bath towels were too small for my 8 year old daughter let alone me. There was gross green and brown stuff throughout the rooms (I refused to look closely enough to identify it). Still considering this place? Ok, the front desk staff smoked outside the lobby and just waited for guests to arrive/checkout that way. if you exited through a side door, you had to walk across trash that was just dumped there. i asked for a wake up call the first morning and instead got some guy yelling "hello hello" at 7:30 in the morning. the following morning he banged loudly on my door and mumbled something for some reason (i didn't ask for another wake-up call) but i certainly wasn't going to answer it to find out what he wanted. BTW, there is no clock in the rooms. The elevator has accumulated trash on top of its ceiling. The guests were not just ghetto but super ghetto, frequently hanging outside the hotel (and no i didn't see any cameras or even a sign indicating any type of security). because there is a courtyard in the middle of the hotel and your window would be likely facing it, you will often hear people gather in the courtyard to do whatever it is they do all hours of the night. BTW, the courtyard is nothing fancy at all but a vast open space reminiscent of the hotel in The Shining. I would have much rather stayed there (during the scariest scenes of the movie). I probably have forgotten some other things but if you don't get the picture by now, go ahead and try it for yourself and let me know how it goes, lol.

Room Tip: don't come here
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I would NOT reccomend this place what so ever! From the day we checked in the owner was very rude and not concerned about anything. Whether you are looking to stay long term or short term I would NOT stay here at all. Every day is a fight with him to come clean our room. He told me and my Fiance' that WE needed to clean our room and that he will NOT have his housekeepers do this. My 2yr old son, accidently spilt his bag of chips on the carpet, and when I asked it to be vacuumed the next day, He said that this was UNACCEPTABLE and that I needed to clean it myself. I do not have a vacuum cleaner, and he yelled at me in front of my 2yr old and 1yr old! Anytime I asked for new sheets they tell me, "I don't think you can have any sheets because you are suppose to only get new ones once every two weeks." I paid $925 for a month to get jobs in Abilene because we had just moved into this town, and the first thing we get was a rude owner who does not care about anyone but of himself! Our second week here the police were called over a guy whom was "high" and beat his girlfriend up, and we could hear and see the whole situation. This is not a good enviroment for my kids or myself. I STRONGLY advise to pick another motel. Anytime I or my Fiance' come out of the room we get yelled at by him from across the parking lot. He is just trying to get your money and from then on he does not care as to how he treats you. We also reccomend that you not use their ice machine, for there were hairs found in it!

Room Tip: I would advise anyone to go ANYWHERE ELSE but here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I would say that Im not very picky about hotel rooms... I just need a clean place to lay my head and a decent enough tv. This hotel is good enough. You get what you pay for...and considering this is one of the cheapest hotels to book, you should expect as much.
The room was clean, I found a few hairs here and there...The bathroom was clean.... the beds were clean and it smelled ok

Again, if you just need a place to stay for the night, I'd recommend it...but if you are looking for high quality and the best that hotels have to offer, spend a bit more money and book a higher quality hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We needed an inexpensive room for just one night due to personal business in Abilene. The room we got was well worn, but seemed clean and pleasant enough. In the morning, however, my husband was straightening the comfortor and saw a hypodermic needle next to the bed we had just slept in. Whether it was for drugs or left by a diabetic, I don't know. I just know that if the room had been cleaned properly, it would not have been there. We took it to the Manager and she seemed unconcerned, Asked how we knew the previous person left it there. Really! I do NOT recommend this place to anyone who is not a junkie. If you are, Happy Trails!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We went for surgery the following morning. Owners were professional yet friendly. We explained what we needed, we had the surgery and the dr wanted to see us the next morning. We returned to be greeted warmly and the same room was given to us again for another night. We would most definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vangie_Jesse
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Do not stay at this hotel! This was, hands down, the worst hotel experience I have EVER experienced. We arrived a few minutes after check-in time and waited half an hour for service because the owner was watching TV in the back and had to wait till his daughter got back. She charged us too much on our credit card.

The room was disgusting. It was not clean, it smelled awful, and the lighting was horrible. The fridge wouldn't work, there was no vent/AC in the bathroom, the bathroom door would get STUCK from the inside and you had to have someone bash it in to get out.

There were holes in the wall that look like it had been punched in several places and hadn't been fixed. There was no security lock on the door -- it was broken off and hadn't been replaced so someone could have kicked the door down in the middle of the night.

The towels were not clean and I doubt the sheets were also. There was hair that didn't belong to us all over the counter and in the bathroom. They refused to change our room or give a refund.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple