“One of our favorite restaurants downtown”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #2 of 273 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We love going downtown to eat at the Beehive before seeing a play or musical. We love the ham steaks with bake potatoe, salad and a mason glass of sweet tea. It's a great family owned business and they have friendly staff. Don't forget to save room for some yummy goodies to round off the prefect meal. I normally take home half of the ham and baked potatoe because they are so large. Thanks always for a great evening.

There are newer reviews for The Beehive

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just in Abilene for one night but luckily happened into this place which was really nice. Very per sonable and efficient wait staff - very good food and very nice atmosphere. Absolutely would look forward to dining here again!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Upon being seated, the napkin looked like a tuxedo. Cute until they served my drink in a mason jar. Pick one, you're either fancy or rustic because you don't do the combo well. I had filet mignon and it was pretty good. My husband had the orange roughy which was not prepared well--really fishy tasting. My son loved his filet and soup. The food is not too bad but not worth the prices they ask.

2  Thank Rina_Ramos
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Just finished eating at the Beehive with 5 family members. They were happy with their meals so this review is only for me. Bottom line is the medium rare filet mignon I ordered looked to be done correctly but was overcooked on the outside on both sides, was also stringy in texture, very dry with little juice and only the very center was ok. When the server asked how everything was, I said the steak was terrible. Two family members who sampled agreed with me. I told her it looked like the steak was cooked and then reheated. The server said she talked to the cook but did not offer to replace it or take it off the bill. I thought she would have the manager stop by because I was clearly unhappy. Apparently the manager does not want to do his/her job, so no manager stopped by. The entry remained on the bill, so the Behive will not see me or hopefully those I tell about my experience visit then in the future. There are better alternatives to spend my money on.

3  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Beehive Restaurant in Abilene is a favorite place to go for birthdays and other special events. The food is tiptop and the servings are enormous. You'll probably want a take-home box. The Esfandiary brothers are masters with steak, fish, and chicken, and the servers are friendly and quick. They made their reputation at the Albany, Texas, restaurant (photos of both are on beehivesaloon.com and Facebook), and they kept up the quality when they expanded to Abilene. You'll wait a little bit for seating, and it's vital to call ahead if you want to bring a big group. They do have a big meeting room on the second floor. The Beehive is part of Abilene's rejuvenated downtown (the restaurant building used to be an office supply), and an easy walk from the Civic Center, art galleries, historic Paramount Theater, and other visitor attractions.

Been to The Beehive? Share your experiences!